MARTINSVILLE, Va. [url=http://www.therocketsofficial.com/Authentic-Gerald-Green-Rockets-Je rsey/]Gerald Green Rockets Jersey[/url

in Share With Other Members Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:38 pm
by jokergreen0220 • 480 Posts

MARTINSVILLE, Va. Gerald Green Rockets Jersey . -- Kurt Buschs Sunday at Martinsville Speedway, in some ways, was like his career wrapped into one afternoon. It started with a pit road confrontation with Brad Keselowski, one that had Busch threatening over his radio to rearrange Keselowskis face when the race was finished, and ended with Busch ending an 83-race victory drought. The victory was his first for Stewart-Haas Racing, in just their sixth race together, suggesting that it could prove a very productive partnership, and one that a reflective Busch said he has learned to approach with a more mature attitude. "I ran a lot of my early part of my career as an individual and I didnt respect my team, my team owners," Busch said, adding that having Tony Stewart as a team owner has helped him learn the value of better team communication. Celebrating in Victory Lane also was emotional, too, because he got to do it for the first time with his son, Houston. "It was pretty emotional. To see him starry eyed and not knowing what he needed to do and I was directing him where he needed to stand and where he could see it all better and put him up on stage," Busch said, his voice cracking. "And to have him break down in tears, it got me crossed up because Ive been trying to deliver for him ... It kind of took it to a new level." Busch did it by passing Martinsville master Jimmie Johnson for the lead with 10 laps to go and holding off the eight-time winner to win at the track for the first time since October 2002. It was his 25th career Cup-level victory, and that it came in the most unlikely of places suggested to Busch that hes finally in the right place, team-wise and personally. "Youve got to put life in perspective, and you have to learn from your mistakes and you cant just sit there and try to muscle your way individually through certain situations," he said. "And so you rely on your experience level, you rely on your team, and this is a great day for me to be able to lift the trophy in Victory Lane for Stewart-Haas Racing." Johnson, with eight wins in 25 career starts on the 0.526-mile oval, led 11 times for 296 laps. He seemed on his way to another victory when he took the lead from Busch with 17 laps remaining. But Busch stayed close, ducked underneath Johnson seven laps later and Johnson had nothing left to make a run at the lead, making for a polite-looking finish. "Thats all I had," Johnson said. "Man, I ran the rear tires off the car. I flipped every switch and knob I could in there to get front brake and turns fans off and try to help bring my balance back." Just ahead, Busch wasnt sure he could hang on. He hadnt finished in the top 10 in his last 16 starts here. "I didnt know if wed be able to do it, you know? The 48 car is king here, him or the 24," he said in Victory Lane, referring to Johnson and his Hendrick Motorsports teammate, Jeff Gordon, who also has eight Martinsville victories. "Ive been on this journey for a while and every time you come to Martinsville, you just kind of draw a line through it like theres no way Ill be able to challenge those Hendrick guys or be up in the top 10," Busch said. When it was over, Busch brushed aside talk about his in-race comments about his feud with Keselowski, who claimed that Busch "just drove right through me and ruined my day" on pit road, causing Keselowski to lose 30 laps and retaliate. "He tried to flatten all four of my tires," Busch said of his former teammate with Roger Penske Racing. "Thats a no fly zone. ... He will get what he gets back when I decide to give it back." The race featured an event-record 33 lead changes, and Johnson expected there would be one more, but on a slippery day on the smallest circuit in NASCARs premier series, the cars at the end werent conducive to typical short-track racing. "Man, we were so on edge slipping and sliding," Johnson said about the final laps duel, during which there was very little of the beating and banging that usually typifies end-of-the-day racing at Martinsville. "I think the lack of security in our own car kept us from feeling more racy and putting a bumper to someone or really getting inside someone aggressively." Dale Earnhardt Jr. was third, followed by Joey Logano and Marcos Ambrose. Virginia native Denny Hamlin, a four-time winner at Martinsville stung by criticism when he missed last weeks race in Fontana, Calif., because of an eye infection, promised Friday that he would win, and qualified second, but finished 19th. PJ Tucker Rockets Jersey . The 57-year-old Tietjens has coached New Zealand to nine IRB World Sevens titles and to four Commonwealth Games gold medals as its only coach in the professional era. New Zealand Rugby Union chief executive Steve Tew said the re-signing was made with a focus on 2016 when sevens will be in the Olympics. Gerald Green Jersey . -- Brady Heslip scored a season-high 20 points to help Baylor beat No. http://www.therocketsofficial.com/Authentic-Hakeem-Olajuwon-Rockets-Jersey/ .com) - The Miami Heat will try to close out the Charlotte Bobcats Monday night in Game 4 of their Eastern Conference first round series.NEW ORLEANS -- Anthony Davis was on his way to what might have been a memorable -- and unusual -- statistical line before he came out for good with more than three minutes still left in the third quarter. Not that he was complaining. Davis had 13 points, nine rebounds and a career-high eight blocks, and the New Orleans Pelicans emphatically snapped a three-game skid with a 135-98 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night. "You always want to play no matter how much youre winning by, how much time is left ... but I dont ever question coachs decision," Davis said. "We won and thats all that matters." Had Davis grabbed one more rebound and blocked two more shots, he would have become the first player in the 26-year history of the franchise formerly called the Hornets to have blocks make up part of a triple-double. But theres a lot of season -- and career -- left for the 20-year-old star, and his teammates figure its only a matter of time before Davis has a similar performance in a game close enough to merit his presence down the stretch. "Hell get a quadruple double one of these days if you want to be honest," Pelicans point guard Jrue Holiday said. "I kind of expect that from him. Thats where a lot of pressure is kind of being put on him, but he can handle it." Ryan Anderson scored 26 points-- hitting six 3-pointers -- in his return from a broken toe that sidelined him for New Orleans first nine games. He scored 14 points in his first 14 minutes, helping the Pelicans build a 30-point lead in the first half. "I told coach, Let me go, and if Im not feeling it or if Im feeling pretty gassed or something Ill let you know. But I felt great," Anderson said. Holiday had 14 points and 12 assists against the team that traded him for injured rookie big man Nerlens Noel during the first round of last summers draft. Tony Wroten led the Sixers with 19 points, but Philadelphia offered little resistance, allowing New Orleans to shoot 62 per cent through three quarters, when the Pelicans led 103-66. Sixers coach Brett Brown said Davis blocks set the tone early because the Pelicans were effective converting those stops into 26 faast-break points. Steve Francis Rockets Jersey. . "There were so many blocked shots ... it was similar to a volleyball game," Sixers coach Brett Brown said. "They are all good athletes and whether it was drop-off passes or dunks, it was off they went. ... And you look at what Ryan Anderson does when he is back in the lineup." The Pelicans finished shooting 60.5 per cent and had eight players score in double figures. Eric Gordon scored 19 points, Tyreke Evans 15 and reserve point guard Brian Roberts added 14 and Austin Rivers 12. Darius Morris scored a career-high 20 for Philadelphia, most coming in the second half when the game was out of reach. Spencer Hawes had 14 points, but made only four of 11 shots. The Sixers, who lost their second straight, shot 37.5 per cent (24 of 64) through the first three quarters. Thaddeus Young, who had 11 points, said the Pelicans "just did whatever they wanted to tonight." Davis blocked five shots in the first quarter. One swat came from behind on Evan Turners layup attempt, and the smack of Davis hand on the ball could be heard across the court. "Wed been slacking in the defensive category the past couple games, so it was just trying to make a statement on defence and get my team riled up to play defence," Davis said. Anderson hit a pair of 3s and six of his first nine shots shortly after checking in. Evans made his first five shots, including a driving layup as he was fouled by Hawes. Hawes then argued the call and was called for a technical foul, resulting in a four-point possession that gave New Orleans a 52-26 lead. The Pelicans stretched their lead to 30 when Davis free throws made it 61-31, and the Sixers never got closer than 21 points after that. Notes: A delay of game warning was called on Sixers coach Brett Brown for grabbing a deflected pass as it went out of bound before New Orleans Jason Smith could try to save it. Smith and Pelicans coach Monty Williams both protested, by the Sixers were permitted to retain possession and Hawes hit a 3 moments later. ... Philadelphias Daniel Orton was called for a technical foul after throwing Pelicans centre Jason Smith to the floor in the second half. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ylq
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.