he loves the top," Busch said. "I knew he was going to be up there. I tri

in Share With Other Members Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

MADRID, Spain -- Third-tier Racing Santander shrugged off its financial woes to win 2-0 at topflight Almeria and reach the quarterfinals of the Copa del Rey alongside cup holder Atletico Madrid on Tuesday. Arizona Diamondbacks Gear . Atletico compounded Valencias disappointing league campaign by knocking it out of the cup with a 2-0 home victory in the second leg and a 3-1 win on aggregate. Almeria enjoyed the away-goal advantage following a 1-1 first-leg draw at El Sardinero, a match better remembered for a player protest over wages and the storming of the presidents box by unruly Santander fans frustrated by the clubs rapid fall in the professional ranks. Santander had already eliminated Sevilla and Mariano Sanz made the last eight look likely with his 62nd minute header. Ruben Duran secured the visitors spot 3-1 on aggregate in the 79th as he ran onto a throw-in and tapped it up with his left foot before volleying home with his right on the run. "These circumstances are making us stronger," Mariano said. "This is a way to fight back against all of these problems." Santanders players havent been paid for three months. The club has slipped down to the third division in just two seasons following the exit of former owner Ahsan Ali Syed, who left the club in crisis, relegated from the top-flight after the 2011/12 season and needing a cash injection just to stay afloat. Racing now faces either Villarreal or Real Sociedad, who meet on Thursday after a scoreless first leg. Following its Spanish league showdown with Barcelona, Atletico showed no dip in intensity against a Valencia side that has seen its form slide amid its own financial problems. Valencia looked determined to try and stay in the competition but Atletico goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was again in stellar form, making a reflex save to stop Juan Bernats rising shot just before the break. Atletico took the lead in the 52nd minute when Valencia goalkeeper Vicente Guaita misjudged a corner kick and the ball flew over him to the far post where Diego Godin rose above Antonio Barragan to head home. Atletico midfielder Raul Garcia then found the post with a powerful shot just after. Although that seemed to awaken the visitors, they could only watch as Courtois denied them time and again. Raul Garcia sealed the victory by heading in Gabi Fernandezs corner in the 89th at the Vicente Calderon Stadium, where Valencia midfielder Daniel Parejo was sent off in stoppage time. "We want to beat every rival," Garcia said after coach Diego Simeone fielded a largely unchanged side from the one that drew 0-0 on Saturday against Barcelona to remain co-leader of the Spanish league. "Weve got a squad that can play all competitions." Atletico plays either Athletic Bilbao or Real Betis next, with Betis going into Wednesdays game at Bilbao leading 1-0. Real Madrid is nursing a 2-0 advantage travelling to Osasuna on Wednesday, and Barcelona is at Getafe on Thursday holding a 4-0 advantage. In the other last 16 matches, Levante hosts Rayo Vallecano after a scoreless draw and Espanyol will start 1-0 down when it welcomes Alcorcon. Diamondbacks Jerseys China . They wanna make t-shirts about it and sell them at our next hockey game..DB: Wow, they want to make t-shirts? That sounds pretty amazing.MS: Yeah, I was also on the Top 10, I was number 1 today, so that was pretty cool. Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys . The Canadian Football Leagues all-time passing leader said he has not made a final decision, but he will discuss his future with Montreal Alouettes owner Bob Wetenhall on the weekend. https://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.us/ . -- Caris LeVert had 14 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double, and No. BRISTOL, Tenn. -- Kyle Busch got his 16th career win at Bristol Motor Speedway -- more than any other NASCAR driver at any other track --by holding off Kyle Larson after a late restart in Saturdays Nationwide Series race. Busch has now won three consecutive Nationwide Series races at Bristol since last March, when he and Larson also went 1-2 to the finish. Of his 16 national wins at Bristol, five are in the Sprint Cup Series, seven are Nationwide and four are in the Truck Series. "I definitely like coming to Bristol, I always have," said Busch, who made his first trip to the .533-mile bullring in 2004 testing with Hendrick Motorsports. "Ive definitely gone through some trials with the Cup cars. First couple times here was a rough go-around for me. Sort of got it figured out, was able to start leading laps, start winning races and thats been the biggest things. Why that is? I dont know. I just enjoy coming to racing. To the banked tracks. It takes guts to go fast." Busch now has 65 career Nationwide Series wins. On Saturday, he and Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Matt Kenseth combined to lead 298 of the 300 laps. But Kenseth was mired in lapped traffic once Busch got out front. "There were sseven or eight (cars) that were really struggling today, so you caught them a lot," Kenseth said. Diamondbacks Jerseys 2020. "Every 25 laps it seemed you would catch the same group. It was tough to get through there. Once he got the lead, it was hard to beat him. Kevin Harvick was second on the restart with nine laps to go, but pole-sitter Larson got by him with seven laps remaining to try to challenge Busch for the victory. He didnt get much of a chance and settled for second. "I just tried to run hard and I know (Larson) was running the top, he loves the top," Busch said. "I knew he was going to be up there. I tried to perfect that a little bit earlier in the race, but it seemed like anybody who was behind me on the restart would be able to jump the two guys that were on the bottom." Harvick was third and Ryan Blaney was fourth. Kenseth was fifth after leading a race-high 178 laps. Busch led four times for 120 laps. "Kenseth, he was really fast," Busch said. "He was lightning fast there much of the day and I was having a hard time catching him. I was just able to bide my time through traffic a little bit better than he did and he got stuck and I passed him." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ylq
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.