art of some history, if you look really deep. But at

in Share With Other Members Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:36 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

EAST RUTHERFORD, N. Anibal Sanchez Nationals Jersey .J. -- The New York Giants have agreed to terms keeping linebacker Jon Beason on the roster. A person familiar with the agreement told The Associated Press that the veteran entering his eighth NFL season will return to the Giants. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the deal has not been announced. Beason was acquired from Carolina last October for a seventh-round pick after he lost his job. He played well for New York, which had been weak in the middle of its defence. The 29-year-old Beason was a first-round draft pick of the Panthers in 2007 and made the All-Pro team in 2008. New York also re-signed placekicker Josh Brown and safety Stevie Brown, and officially signed guard Geoff Schwartz, running back Rashad Jennings and centre J.D. Walton. New York also waived linebacker Marcus Dowtin on Wednesday. Josh Brown set a franchise record in 2013 by making 17 consecutive field goals in his first season with the Giants. He hit 23 of 26 field goal attempts, a percentage of 88.5 that is third highest in Giants history. Brown also made all 31 extra points for 100 points. At Philadelphia, Brown scored all of the Giants points in a 15-7 victory on field goals of 40, 44, 33, 46 and 27 yards. He was the first Giant to kick three field goals of 40 yards or longer in a game since 1991, when Matt Bahr did it. A 12-year veteran, Brown previously played for the Seattle Seahawks and St. Louis Rams. Stevie Brown missed last season with a knee injury after a strong 2012 campaign. He tore his left anterior cruciate ligament in a preseason game against the Jets and underwent surgery two weeks later. In his first season with the Giants in 2012, Brown had 11 starts at strong safety and led the team and tied for second in the NFL with eight interceptions. Browns eight interceptions were the most by a Giant since Willie Williams had 10 in 1968 and his 307 interception return yards broke the former Giants single-season record of 251, set by Hall of Famer Emlen Tunnell in 1949 and matched by Dick Lynch in 1963. Brown twice intercepted two passes in a game. Stevie Brown played in 23 games with Oakland and Indianapolis before joining the Giants. The deals with Schwartz and Jennings address the Giants two biggest needs. Schwartz has played with Carolina, Minnesota and the Chiefs, and joins the Giants after they waived-injured centre David Baas, who missed most of last season with neck and knee injuries. With Chris Snee returning for an 11th season, Schwartz would fill the hole at left guard, and that would allow Kevin Boothe to play centre if he can be re-signed. Justin Pugh will be the right tackle and Will Beatty will return at left tackle, if he can get over the broken leg he sustained in the final game of the regular season. Walton could challenge Boothe for the centres job, and if he claimed it the Giants would have depth at guard, too. The running back situation was iffy because of the uncertainty involving former first-round pick David Wilson. He had surgery for a neck injury and his future is a question mark. Jennings rushed for 733 yards in 15 games with Oakland, and played well against the Giants, gaining 88 yards on 20 carries. Kyle McGowin Nationals Jersey . Horford is out 3-to-4 months with a torn pectoral muscle for the Hawks, who have won two straight and five of six games. Atlanta improved to 2-0 on the residency with Saturdays 93-91 triumph over Minnesota, as Ivan Johnson scored his teams final four points, including the game-winning free throw with 4. Kyle McGowin Jersey . Cox started the season with San Francisco, but was released by the team on Nov. 12 before being signed by Seattle, where he appeared in two games and tallied three tackles before being released on Dec. https://www.cheapnationals.com/ . -- Creighton apparently has Villanovas number.Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - Four-time champion Novak Djokovic, reigning titlist Stan Wawrinka and Japanese star Kei Nishikori highlighted Mondays fourth-round winners at the Australian Open. The world No. 1 Djokovic got past Luxembourg left-hander Gilles Muller 6-4, 7-5, 7-5 in Mondays nightcap at Laver Arena to reach his 23rd consecutive Grand Slam quarterfinal. The seven-time Grand Slam champion and reigning Wimbledon titlist is seeking his fourth Aussie championship in five years, having captured three straight of his four Melbourne crowns from 2011-13. Up next for the great Djokovic, who has yet to drop a set through four matches here, will be eighth-seeded big-serving Canadian Milos Raonic, who is 0-4 lifetime against the Serb. Meanwhile, the fourth-seeded Swiss slugger Wawrinka pulled out a 7-6 (7-2), 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (10-8) victory over Spaniard Guillermo Garcia-Lopez. Garcia-Lopez won the first five points of the fourth-set tiebreak and had five chances to force a fifth set at Melbourne Park, but Wawrinka saved all five before moving on. Garcia-Lopez stunned Wawrinka in the first round at last years French Open. Wawrinkas quarterfinal opponent on Wednesday will be the fifth-seeded U.S. Open runner-up Nishikori, who handled ninth-seeded former French Open finalist David Ferrer of Spain 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 on Day 8 of the fortnight. Looking ahead to his clash with Wawrinka, Nishikori said, Its going to be a really tough match because I have seen him play on TV a couple of matches. Even today he was playing really good. He can hit balls forehand, backhand -- great backhand actually. He can hit from anywhere at the back. Its going to be a tough match. But obviously Im in the quarterfinals, so no easy matches coming up. Hopefully I can play anotheer good match. James Bourque Jersey. For sure it gives me confidence that I beat him in the U.S. Open. Its not like I cant beat him. Its going to be a fun match for sure. Nishikori made history as he became the first Asian man to contest a Grand Slam final last year when he defeated three Top-10 players, including Wawrinka in five sets in the quarters, to reach the U.S. Open final. The aforementioned Raonic had to outlast 12th-seeded Spanish lefty Feliciano Lopez, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, 6-7 (7-9), 6-3, to reach the round of eight. Lopez saved seven match points before succumbing to the big Canadian. Raonic became the first Canadian man in the Open Era to reach the Aussie Open quarters and is also the second Canadian man in history to reach three major quarterfinals, following in the footsteps of Robert Powell at Wimbledon in 1908, 10 and 12. Its great to be doing what Im doing and that it is making a difference, said Raonic. It is, I guess, part of some history, if you look really deep. But at the end of the day, at the same time, Im always pushing myself for what I want to achieve. Im always sort of looking in the mirror and saying, Thats who I have to compare myself to: to myself. The quarterfinals will commence Tuesday, as third-seeded former world No. 1 Rafael Nadal will take on seventh-seeded Tomas Berdych and sixth-seeded Andy Murray will battle heavy Aussie crowd favorite Nick Kyrgios. Nadal beat Berdych in the 2010 Wimbledon final and is 18-3 lifetime against the big Czech. The reigning French Open king Nadal is a 14-time Grand Slam champ, including an Aussie title in 2009. Hes also a two-time runner-up in Melbourne, including last year when he was stunned by Wawrinka in the final. Murray is a two-time major titlist whos lost in three Aussie Open finals. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ylq
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.