er 2012 and missed the first two months of the 2013 season befor

in Share With Other Members Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:10 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

DENVER -- Kenneth Faried was all smiles in Denvers locker room. Juan Soto Nationals Jersey . And with good reason. The Nuggets forward scored a career-high 34 points and added 13 rebounds to lead Denver to a 137-107 win over the New Orleans Pelicans on Wednesday night. "When I got my second foul, I sat down and looked up said, Wow, I have nine (points) already. I havent really played that much. This might be a career game," Faried said. "Thats what I love to do -- have fun and play basketball. When its that exciting and that much fun you have no worries, really. You just think about winning. "Coach (Brian Shaw) wanted me to impose my will on (the Pelicans) Anthony Davis ... not shy away or back down." That wasnt an issue in the second half, when Davis sat out with back spasms. He finished with six points and three rebounds. Tyreke Evans scored 27 points to lead New Orleans. The Nuggets raced to a 40-26 lead by the end of the first quarter and never looked back, making 15 of 27 3-pointers compared to 2 of 9 for New Orleans, a 39-point difference. The 137 points tied the Nuggets season scoring high. "They (Nuggets) just ran up and down the court and did what they wanted to do. They did make some unbelievable 3s, they were on fire tonight," Evans said. "We knew that at the beginning of the game Faried was going to come out aggressive and we didnt do a good job of stopping him." The Pelicans had no answers inside for Faried, who went unchecked numerous times for backdoor dunks and easy short jumpers. "I think that is how Faried should be playing," teammate Ty Lawson said. "I compare him to a little bit like Charles Barkley the way he can get the ball to the rim, make good decisions and pass it." Farieds previous career best was 32 points against the Lakers on March 7. "He is succeeding in areas he has struggled in before and so that is just making him supremely confident," Shaw said. "When you have that (confidence) then the game starts to slow down for you." The Pelicans trailed 71-53 at halftime. The 71 points were the most they allowed in the first half this season. The previous high was 64 points twice. "We didnt play well to start the game. In the month of March we set a high bar for how we can play, regardless of whos on the floor," New Orleans coach Monty Williams said. "Since Ive been here weve never given up these type of numbers with our defence." Denver led 105-81 after three quarters and cruised to the victory from there. "Thats the toughest part for me, allowing teams to score like that," Williams said. "Thought they had way too many easy points in the paint." Reserve Aaron Brooks scored 24 points for Denver, going 6 of 8 from beyond the arc. "I just wanted to be more aggressive. Talked to coach before the game and he said he wanted at least three, so I got that quota," Brooks said. "The big guy (Davis) wasnt in there (in the second half), and once hes out its time to attack the rim. We shared the ball and had a lot of assists." The victory moved the Nuggets ahead of the Pelicans for 11th place in the Western Conference and gave them a split of the four-game season series. The Nuggets led in assists (34-21) and blocks (12-7) and committed fewer turnovers (11-16). The Pelicans held a 42-40 rebounding edge. NOTES: Nuggets F Wilson Chandler missed his sixth straight game with a left groin strain. ... Pelicans G Eric Gordon missed his seventh consecutive game with tendinitis in his left knee. ... The Nuggets tied their season high with 12 blocks. . The Nuggets 15 3-pointers tied their season high. Javy Guerra Jersey .B. -- Canadian pairs skaters Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford went from elated to frustrated in the span of a few minutes. Jonny Venters Nationals Jersey . Vonn had another scary moment at Saturdays World Cup downhill in Val dIsere, ending up clutching her knee in pain after losing her balance and missing a gate. But she gave a reassuring answer shortly afterward, saying no new damage had been done to the surgically repaired knee, and that her plans for the Sochi Olympics were still intact. https://www.cheapnationals.com/1397r-trea-turner-jersey-nationals.html . -- Arizona came out of its last meeting with California a bit discombobulated, hurting from its first loss and the loss of forward Brandon Ashley for the rest of the season. SEATTLE -- The Seattle Mariners added a pair of slugging first baseman-outfielders to go along with Robinson Cano on Wednesday, reaching agreement on a one-year deal with Corey Hart and acquiring Logan Morrison in a trade with the Miami Marlins. Hart confirmed he had agreed to the deal in a text to The Associated Press. The deal is still pending what should be a closely monitored physical after Hart missed all of last season following surgery on his right knee. Morrison was acquired for relief pitcher Carter Capps, according to a person with knowledge of the deal. The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the trade was pending both teams reviewing medical records. CBSSports.com first reported Harts agreement. "Knees good as well as the rest of me. Been working hard and glad to be able to get out there with this exciting club," Hart said in a text message. If Hart can stay healthy, getting the two-time All-Star for one season on a relatively inexpensive deal could be a significant coup for the Mariners, who have made adding offence a top priority this off-season. It started with the stunning $240 million, 10-year agreement reached with Cano late last week and continued by adding a needed right-handed bat in Hart that can provide protection in the lineup. Hart did not play in 2013 because of a right knee surgery in January 2013 after a meniscus tear and joint damage was discovered. It was his second knee surgery in a year after having his right knee operated on before the start of the 2012 season to repair damagged cartilage. Roenis Elias Nationals Jersey. His last season in 2012 was one of the best in his career. Hart hit .270 with 30 homers and 83 RBIs with Milwaukee. Hart also had 35 doubles in 2012 and posted an on-base plus slugging percentage of above .800 from 2010 through 2012. For his career, Hart has hit 154 homers and is hitting .276 in 945 games. Hart has spent his entire career with the Brewers. If hes healthy, Hart has the ability to play both outfield and first base, and outfield depth is one of Seattles biggest concerns going into next season. Hart also could be a solution at designated hitter with Seattle unsure if it will be able to re-sign free agent Kendrys Morales, who was the Mariners top power hitter last season. Morrison also fits Seattles need of having the versatility to play a few different positions and be an option at first base. He has not been able to match the power he showed during the 2011 season when he slugged 23 homers and had 72 RBIs for the Marlins. Morrison also has been slowed by injuries. He had right knee surgery in September 2012 and missed the first two months of the 2013 season before making his debut. He played 85 games last season for Miami. The Miami Herald first reported Morrisons trade. Capps appeared in 53 games out of the bullpen for Seattle last season. He was 3-3 with a 5.49 ERA and 66 strikeouts in 59 innings pitched. Capps struggle was giving up the long ball, allowing 12 home runs. According to STATS, the 12 homers allowed were tied for fourth most given up by any relief pitcher in baseball last season. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3252 topics and 3259 posts.