hit low and into the corner. Montreal was then

in Share With Other Members Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:22 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Loui Erikssons game-winning goal didnt earn any style points, at least in his eyes. Patriots Jerseys 2019 . The rest of the Boston Bruins thought it looked just fine. Eriksson scored from a hard angle in the opening minute of the third period, a goal he said "wasnt the prettiest one." His first goal with Boston helped the Bruins to a 3-1 victory over the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday. "I think he only scores nice goals," said Tuukka Rask, who made 26 saves including a few sterling ones late to preserve a one-goal lead. "I mean, it was an unbelievable goal. He does that in practice all the time, too." Bruins centre Brad Marchand rated it a masterpiece. "Its great to see him get one there," he said. "It was a beautiful goal. That gets the monkey off his back." Eriksson, acquired last summer in the big trade that sent Tyler Seguin to Dallas, had scored his first 150 goals for the Stars. He came in scoreless in three games for the Bruins. He said he hadnt reached the point of pressing for goals yet. "Ive had some slow starts in other years," he said. "Itll come. If you create chances out there, itll come. We did that today, and I was able to get one." Boston, which trailed and was shut out until late in the second period, took the lead for good on Erikssons breakthrough goal. On a rush, Patrice Bergeron found Eriksson with a nifty cross-ice pass. From the right side of the goal line, Eriksson tucked a high shot just inside the near post over goalie Sergei Bobrovskys left shoulder 49 seconds into the third. Bruins coach Claude Julien wasnt worried about Eriksson, a veteran of eight NHL seasons. "He was really good," Julien said. "(He made) smart plays, (was) competing better, stuff like that. Thats what we talked about with him. Youve got to give guys some time to get adjusted, to get acquainted and feeling comfortable. You see a guy like him after a few games finding his stride." Playing their first road game, the Bruins also got a goal from Chris Kelly, and an empty-net tally from Milan Lucic. Rask wasnt peppered with shots but came up big when most needed. He blocked Marian Gaboriks tying attempt in the closing moments and then flicked the puck aside with his glove. "We gave up a couple of rushes, which is not the greatest thing when theres five minutes left and youre leading by one," Rask said. "But we took care of business. Maybe we just need to clean up the neutral zone a little better." Jack Johnson scored on a first-period power play for the Blue Jackets, who won their last two on the road but are now 0-2 at home. Bobrovsky, last seasons Vezina Trophy winner as the NHLs top goalie, stopped 33 shots. Boston almost tied it 1-1 when Daniel Paille took a chip pass and was all alone for a short-handed breakaway in the second period, but his shot was wide of the net. An instant after that penalty was killed, the Bruins got even. Iginla dropped a pass to Kelly for a hard slap shot from just inside the blue line that eluded Bobrovsky low on the glove side with 3:42 remaining in the second for his second goal of the season. In the first, with a man advantage, the Blue Jackets James Wisniewski faked a shot from the left point and then slid a pass to Johnson at the top of the right circle. Johnsons one-timer beat Rask to the glove side with 1:08 remaining in the period. Columbus coach Todd Richards said he saw signs that the Bruins were asserting themselves midway through the game. "In the second period, even though we had a 1-0 lead, they started to take over the game a little bit," he said. "They stuck with their game and how they play and with the things they do well. We got away from (our game). We played hard, but there were some areas that they were better than us." New England Patriots Shirts .C. -- When Michael Jordan speaks, people still listen. New England Patriots Pro Shop . -- The top-seeded Alberta Pandas set up of an all-Canada West final against arch rival UBC at the CIS womens volleyball championship after a 3-0 win over the No. https://www.patriotsjerseysale.com/ .S. international midfielder Michael Bradley is complete. CHESTER, Pa. -- The Montreal Impact were handed a seventh-straight league defeat on Saturday night, falling 2 -1 on the road despite out-shooting and out-possessing Eastern Conference rival Philadelphia Union. Sebastien Le Toux, the home sides French forward, completed his brace by taking advantage of two defensive miscues, one in the first half and one in the second. The Impact controlled an incredible 68 per cent of the possession and outshot their hosts 11 to eight, but could not break through until substitute Maxim Tissots 79th minute consolation goal. "I look at the game, and I wonder how we lost that game," manager Frank Klopas told reporters after the match. "Thats whats going through my mind. Maybe I saw a different game, but then I look at everything on the stat sheets, other than two mistakes that we made again, and its just incredible, you know? Final third, I think there were moments where we could have been better. Our quality in the final pass was a little off. But we controlled the game, we had possession of the game, and we had opportunities. "Two mental mistakes again, its just mind-boggling to me." Klopas made five changes to the side that beat Salvadoran side CD FAS on Wednesday night in the CONCACAF Champions League. Marco Di Vaio was left out of the 18 entirely, with Jack McInerney starting as the lone striker against his former team. Troy Perkins, Patrice Bernier, Eric Miller, and Wandrille Lefevre were all added to Montreals 4-2-3-1 formation. Coming into the match, the club had conceded the second most goals in Major League Soccer. It took just 12 minutes for Philadelphia to take advantage of that, breaking the deadlock with an easy goal that resulted from an innocuous-looking goal kick. The play started with an over-hit Montreal corner kick, which could only be pushed over the net by Matteo Ferrari. Moving quickly, goalkeeper Zac MacMath booted a deep pass for Le Toux, with both Bernier and Krzysztof Krol in position to defend. The ball bounced and Bernier flapped at a clearance, before Krol headed the ball beyond an onrushing Troy Perkins. Le Toux was able to collect in space and shoot on an empty net. It was a miscommunication between the three players. "I think the goalkeeper was calling out, he probably thought the goal was comming to the side and (Krol) hit the ball to the side," Bernier explained. Patriots Jerseys 2020. "Its just silly little mistakes that we do. At that time, they hadnt really created anything, and then they go one-nil up 12 minutes into the game." "Its hard for me (to tell), because I dont hear," Klopas added. "But if youre first to the ball, clear that ball." It was a 1-0 game at the half, but Montreal held the ball and had better passages of play after conceding the goal. The McInerney return was a top storyline for this game, but it was former Impact forward Andrew Wenger, the other part of the April trade, who arguably had the better performance. Subbed in around the 60 minute mark, Wenger immediately setup Philadelphias second goal. Bursting forward from his wide left position, he sparked a quick counter attack, playing Le Toux into space on the right hand side. The forward completed his brace with a low, left footed shot that caught Perkins guessing to his right, shielded by a pair of Impact defenders. There was a Montreal chance on the other end, with substitute Anthony Jackson-Hamel coming close in the 70th minute. Standing over a corner kick, Krol hit a low drive that the 21-year-old was able to back-heel flick, but the effort came off the far post and into the arms of MacMath. Tissots goal was the product of added pressure in the 79th minute of play. Winning a free kick on the far right side, Andres Romeros service found the unmarked sub at the far post, and Tissot was able to beat MacMath with a one-touch redirection that was hit low and into the corner. Montreal was then denied a penalty shot in the 90th minute, when Gorka Larreas turn-around cross appeared to have struck Ray Gaddis in the hand. Referee Fotis Bazakos did not point to the spot. "I think the second half, we came out (well)," Bernier said. "It was probably one of our better second halves, too. Usually we come out flat, but we pushed, and we were unlucky at certain points to not find that final pass or final touch to tie it up. At the end of the day, the last seven games have been the same story." The 10th place Impact fall to a record of 3-14-5 with the loss. The team returns to Stade Saputo next weekend for a matchup against the 9th place Chicago Fire. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ylq
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.