er, on April 17, 2010, in Atlanta. Hideo Nomo has

in Share With Other Members Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

PINEHURST, N. Cheap Air Max 90 Trainers .C. -- Bubba Watson has one thing going for him: So far, nobody else has a better chance at winning a second major this year. "Ive already got one," he quipped Tuesday. The two-time Masters champion came to Pinehurst this week for the U.S. Open hoping to become the first player since Tiger Woods in 2002 to win the years first two majors. "Any time you have that chance, its been a good year, because that means youve done well early," Watson said. The worlds third-ranked player is trying to join that short list of players to win both the Masters and U.S. Open in the same year. Its only happened six times and before Woods, nobody had done it since Jack Nicklaus in 1972. Watson is certainly hoping this attempt goes better than the last one. Two years ago at The Olympic Club in San Francisco, he missed the cut after shooting an 8-over-par 78 in his opening round. Through the years, the U.S. Open has provided a particularly vexing test for Watson, who has missed the cut in three of his seven Opens. His only top-10 finish came in 2007 when he tied for fifth at Oakmont -- perhaps the toughest of the courses that have staged golfs national championship. "A U.S. Open brings out challenges that were not used to, challenges that we can only take once a year or we would all find new jobs if we had to do it every week," Watson said. And a different set of them awaits this week at the revamped Pinehurst No. 2 course that looks nothing like it did when Payne Stewart (1999) and Michael Campbell (2005) won Opens here. Watson it called "a second-shot golf course" and said it bears no resemblance to the Augusta National course hes twice conquered "except its 18 holes, thats about it." The multi-million-dollar restoration to Donald Ross original design, removed the rough and left only two cuts of grass -- fairway and green. Birdies figure to once again be rare at the U.S. Open, where bogeys arent necessarily bad and the winner is often the one who takes the smartest shots and makes the fewest mistakes. Hell find out over the next few days if his daring "Bubba golf" style will work on a course that has only two par-5s. Watson leads all PGA Tour players with an average driving distance of 314 yards -- a distinct advantage at the various courses on the tour. But maybe not at Pinehurst No. 2, where sandy hardpan, wiregrass and weeds make up what used to be the rough. "Its all about the tee shots. Im going to try to lay farther back than normal, because its still iffy hitting in that -- I dont know what they call it, rough, dirt, sand. ... But its going to be iffy. You dont know what kind of lies youre going to get." Get through that and out of the fairways, and those notoriously tricky turtleback greens -- which a smiling Watson repeatedly called "unfriendly" -- await. The "U.S. Open is challenging you at all levels. If you want to be a man and hit driver off that tee, you can," he said. "If you want to lay back and try to play smarter, you can. ... You have the ability to do it, now can you do it at that moment, is what the key is. "So I think the U.S. Open is doing that, its just thats what theyre trying to create," he added. "Theyre trying to create a challenge for everybody, and you can play it aggressively or you can play it smartly." Cheap Air Max 97 Uk . Dirk Nowitzki scored 25 points, Shawn Marion had 22 and the Mavericks beat undermanned Philadelphia 124-112 Friday night, handing the 76ers their 10th straight loss. Cheap Air Max 95 Free Shipping . Then he got back at the team that released him five days before the start of last season, hitting a tiebreaking double in the ninth inning of the first game at Fenway Park since Boston won the World Series last October. http://www.fakeairmaxukoutlet.com/best-max-200-trainers-cheap-uk.html .C. -- The RBC Cups semifinal participants were decided by a pair of overtime games.DENVER -- Jhoulys Chacin went from his sick bed to a run at Coors Field history in a span of 24 hours. When he was finally done for the night, he left the San Francisco Giants feeling ill. Chacin shook off a high fever to put in a masterful outing Wednesday night. The righty did not allow a hit until there were two outs in the seventh inning and hustled for a crucial RBI to help the Colorado Rockies beat the Giants 5-4. Vying for the second no-hitter in franchise history and second ever at Coors Field, Chacin (13-7) tied a season high with nine strikeouts. Brandon Crawfords single to centre field was the only hit Chacin allowed in seven innings. He also yielded an unearned run. "Man, he was good tonight," manager Walt Weiss said. "His breaking ball had some depth to it. He got a lot of swings and missed with his breaking ball." It was a big change from Tuesday, when Chacin left Coors Field wondering if he would make his scheduled start. He said his fever reached 100.6 and he wasnt able to stay in the dugout during the game, so he retired to the clubhouse and slept on a couch. "I was really bad. I told (the trainers) if I felt the same today I couldnt pitch," Chacin said. "I couldnt even do the chart yesterday. They gave me pills to make feel better. This morning I woke up, I called them to say I feel better. "I always want to pitch so it would have to be really bad for me not to pitch," Chacin added. He worked around three errors and threw 92 pitches through six innings, but Weiss said he was going to let Chacin stay in until he gave up a hit. "We were going to let him chase a no-hitter as long as it took," he said. "After he gave up the hit I didnt want to let him go after that." Crawford made it a moot point with a sharp single on an inside fastball. The crowd of 27,268 gave Chacin a standing ovation after Crawfords hit. "We couldnt figure him out," Giants manager Bruce Bochy said. "He mixed it up, we chased some pitches and just couldnt get anything going against him." Troy Tulowitzki and Wilin Rosario had two hits each for Colorado, which built a 5-1 lead through six innings. Giants starter Madison Bumgarner (11-9) was effective until the sixth. He allowed just three hits -- including Nolan Arenados RBI double in the second before Colorado tagged him in the sixth. DJ LeMahieu led off the inning with a single, Tulowitzki walked and Rosario hit a bloop single to centre to make it 2-1. Jean Machi entered and got Arenado to hit a comebacker, but Crawford dropped the throw to secondd to load the bases. Fake Air Max For Sale. Yorvit Torrealbas ground-rule double made it 4-1, and after an intentional walk Chacin beat out a potential double-play ball at first for another run. "I felt good and felt I made some pitches," Bumgarner said. "They just happened to find holes when they hit it." The Giants nearly left Chacin with a no-decision when they rallied for three runs in the eighth. Brandon Belt hit an RBI double, Buster Posey drove in another run with a groundout and Pence singled to make it 5-4. Rex Brothers worked the ninth for his 14th save. While Chacin was baffling the Giants, the defence behind him was suspect. Rosario, starting at first base for the third time this season, mishandled two straight grounders to start the third. Chacin got Bumgarner to pop up a bunt attempt, struck out Gregor Blanco and got Marco Scutaro to ground out to end the inning. "It was tough, but theyve picked me up with good plays all year and today was a day I had to pick them up," Chacin said. The Giants capitalized in the fourth. Belt walked and went to third when Tulowitzki fumbled Poseys potential double-play grounder. Pence hit into a double play to score Belt and make it 1-all. That was all the damage the Giants could do against Chacin. He mixed in his breaking ball and worked both sides of the plate to keep the hitters off-balance. "Everything was working for me today," he said. "My ball was sinking, my curveball was good and I got ground balls with my sinker." NOTES: Its the deepest a Colorado pitcher has taken a no-hitter at Coors Field. John Thomson didnt allow a hit for 6 1-3 innings against Pittsburgh on May 2, 2002. ... Ubaldo Jimenez pitched Colorados only no-hitter, on April 17, 2010, in Atlanta. Hideo Nomo has the only no-hitter at Coors Field on Sept. 17, 1996, while with the Los Angeles Dodgers. ... Giants OF Andres Torres had surgery to remove bone spurs in his left Achilles. Carolina Panthers orthopedist Dr. Robert Anderson performed the surgery. Torres is expected to be sidelined for six months. ... Rockies OF Dexter Fowler (left knee bruise) was out of the lineup for the second straight day. Weiss said he could be sidelined for part or all of the weekend series against Cincinnati. ... Colorado OF Carlos Gonzalez (sprained right middle finger) has begun taking batting practice and could go on a rehab assignment as soon as this weekend. ... Rockies RHP Tyler Chatwood (elbow inflammation) threw 75 pitches in a rehab start in Triple-A on Tuesday. He is on schedule to be activated to start Sunday. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ylq
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.