le and optioned right-hander Anthony DeSclafani to Triple-A

in Share With Other Members Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:37 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

ASHBURN, Va. Nike Air Max 270 Scontate . - During a six-hour interview at the Washington Redskins owners house, Scot McCloughan saw Dan Snyders eyes light up like a little kid, which the prospective new general manager found as cool as crud. McCloughan also laid out a plan that essentially told Snyder it was time for a change.The subject of Snyders renowned impatience had been broached by team President Bruce Allen, who was also present. McCloughan spoke of a different approach, once that runs counter to the quick-fix mode that has come to embody the franchise.I laid my vision out. Its the vision I know; its the vision Ive been around for 20 years, McCloughan said. Again, theres no right or wrong way, but they understand where Im coming from. They understand how important the draft is to me.The Redskins new GM, who will have full authority over the roster, met with reporters Friday in what has become a seemingly annual rite of passage the big off-season news conference that is supposed to signal a turnaround. This one, which came exactly one year to the day after coach Jay Grudens introductory turn at the podium, didnt come with a sense that all the wrongs will suddenly be rights.Its time for a team that has finished last in the NFC East in six of the last seven years to start doing things differently.The drafts the lifeline of your organization, said McCloughan, who honed his philosophy in the 1990s as a scout with the Green Bay Packers and over the last decade in the front office of the San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks.You start dabbling in free agency sometimes, you get older guys, you get the medical history, McCloughan said. The thing I liked about what we did in San Fran, what we did in Seattle: We drafted our own, moulded our own, and re-signed the ones we wanted to re-sign. You train them how you want to train them.In Washington, were going to draft these guys were going to draft them and mould them as Redskins. Were not going to have to go out to other organizations and bring in 32-, 33-year olds that have different plans.Sounds like no more Albert Haynesworths or Donovan McNabbs or Jason Hatchers on the free agency plate at Redskins Park. Snyder, who sat in the second row of the auditorium taking it all in, exited quickly after the news conference and did not take questions, but he chuckled at McCloughans little kid and cool as crud references, which were meant to reflect the owners passion for winning.Allen is giving up the role of GM he has held for five years and will remain team president. Asked who will have control over the makeup of the team, McCloughan, with arms folded, responded: I have final say.Before being offered the job, McCloughan had some tough questions of his own to answer. While he had been a success with the 49ers (2005-09, including the last two as GM) and the Seahawks (2010-13), he left both jobs because of personal reasons.He later disclosed to ESPN The Magazine that he had drinking and family problems, and he spent the 2014 season running his own private scouting service that evaluated college players for NFL clients, one of which was the Redskins.It was very tough, McCloughan said. But I learned a lot from it, professionally and personally, and it made me a better father. Its going to make me a better personnel guy because I went through it. ... Honestly, Im kind of glad I went through it to realize who I am and what I have to be.Allen said he had a forthright conversation with McCloughan.He would not be taking this job if he thought that was going to be a concern, Allen said.Allen and McCloughan go back a ways. Allen said he recommended McCloughan for the 49ers GM job, and he said the Redskins were one of the first teams to sign up for McCloughans scouting service last year. By the end of the season, Allen had essentially targeted McCloughan.As for Robert Griffin III, who has been benched twice in two years, McCloughan said its too early to give up on the 2012 Offensive Rookie of the Year. McCloughan said it took Brett Favre two years to figure out the Packers West Coast offence, which is similar to the one introduced by Gruden last year.He also said Gruden would be in charge of hiring the coaching stuff, which as of now needs a defensive co-ordinator to replace Jim Haslett.If youre not winning games, theres turmoil everywhere, McCloughan said. Thats just common knowledge. ... This is my fourth organization. Ive been around a couple of really good ones, but this place is right. Its set to go in the right direction.___AP NFL websites: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___Follow Joseph White on Twitter: http://twitter.com/JGWhiteAP Scarpe Air Max 270 Nere . The Calgary skip fell 10-8 to Swedens Oskar Eriksson in semifinal action Saturday and will face Switzerlands Peter de Cruz for the bronze medal (Saturday at 10pm et/7pm pt on TSN2). Air Max 90 Scontate . This game was inside. Adrian Peterson was missing. The stage was set for another step toward the playoffs. http://www.airmaxscarpescontate.it/scarpe-air-max-90-prezzo-basso.html . Top-seeded Djokovic, who is making only his second appearance this year after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over 54th-ranked Istomin of Uzbekistan. "It wasnt as easy as the scoreline indicates," said Djokovic, who has won in Dubai on four occasions.HOUSTON -- Brad Hand knows he has to prove he belongs in Miamis rotation. His last five starts might be making the decision easier. The left-hander pitched three-hit ball into the eighth inning and Jeff Mathis had a two-run double for the Marlins in their 2-0 victory over the Houston Astros on Friday night. Hand struck out four and walked two in a career-high 7 1-3 innings to earn his second straight win. "Nothings done yet," Hand said. "I am still trying to go out every fifth day and solidify myself in this rotation. Nothing is going to be given to me or anything. Im going to have to prove it every fifth day." Hand (2-2) cruised through the first five innings, allowing just two baserunners, and retired seven of his first eight batters. Chris Carter reached on a walk in the first and Gregorio Petit singled with one out in the third. "We stuck with the game plan right out of the shoot," Hand said. "We were able to get ahead of the guys. I was trying to get easy, quick outs and groundball outs." Hands previous career high for innings pitched was Sunday against San Francisco when he allowed two runs in seven innings. He said he doesnt know whats changed for him other than throwing strikes. "You guys have seen it: When I walk guys, get behind in the count, thats when I get myself in trouble," he said. "The biggest thing for me is to focus and pound the strike zone and make them put the ball in play." Hand continued a string of solid starts since transitioning from the bullpen to the rotation at the beginning of July. He has yielded three runs or fewer in each of his five starts. "That was a tremendous effort by Brad tonight," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "He was pounding the strike zone and was in complete control of that game. ... It was fun watching him pitch. He and Matty (Mathis) seemed to be on the same page the whole night and flipped in some nice breaking balls and changeups and ran that fastball in and out." Donovan Solano and Giancarlo Stanton each had two hits for the Marlins, who won their fifth in sixth games. Miami was able to get to Dallas Keuchel (9-7) in the seventh. Jarrod Saltallamacchia reached on an error by centre fielder Enrique Hernandez. Air Max 97 Vendita Online. Adeiny Hechavarria hit an infield single with two outs before Mathis drove in both runners with a double. "I was frustrated earlier," said Mathis, who grounded into an inning-ending double play in the fifth. "I had a chance to push a run across and was not able to do it. Brad kept us in the game. I had another opportunity, and luckily, got it done." Bryan Morris got two outs in the eighth, and Steve Cishek pitched a perfect ninth for his 25th save. Keuchel, who had given up four runs or more in each of his last five starts, allowed two runs -- none earned -- and nine hits with seven strikeouts in seven innings. "I definitely need to be a little bit better," he said. "I dont think I lost it, I just think it was some bad breaks. I think Ive pitched well, just the results havent been there." The left-hander retired nine of the first 10 batters he faced but ran into trouble in the fifth and sixth, allowing the first two batters to reach in both innings. Houstons defence helped him out both times, turning double plays in each inning. "If you look at the way he pitched tonight, he deserves to fare better," Astros manager Bo Porter said. "Defensively, we did let him down. We gave them extra outs that extended the inning and allowed them the two runs they got." Houston, which has lost three straight to fall a season-high 19 games under .500, did not get a runner past second base. Carter reached second in the first, and Jason Castro doubled in the eighth to chase Hand. NOTES: Miami recalled catcher J.T. Realmuto from Double-A Jacksonville and optioned right-hander Anthony DeSclafani to Triple-A New Orleans. ... Houston selected the contract of Petit, an infielder, from Triple-A Oklahoma City. He started at shortstop. The Astros optioned right-hander Anthony Bass to Oklahoma City after Thursdays game. ... Houston also transferred right-hander Matt Albers to the 60-day disabled list. ... Miami challenged the original safe call on Jose Altuves attempted stolen base in the sixth. After review, the call was overturned and Altuve was out. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3252 topics and 3259 posts.