pton. While Villa are down the Saints still have plenty to play for with a top six place

in Share With Other Members Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:23 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

TORONTO - Ryan Nelsen said Toronto FC has moved on from its 2-1 loss to Sporting KC over the weekend, but the state of officiating in Major League Soccer still seems to be weighing on the mind of the head coach. Zapatillas Nike Baratas España . On the eve of Torontos road game against D.C. United, Nelsen was still quite vocal on perceived officiating mistakes in the game against Sporting. Particularly irksome to the coach was an incident in the 23rd minute where Toronto striker Gilberto was taken down from behind by defender Aurelien Collin. "How on earth the right back didnt get a yellow card in front of the bench on the tackle on Gilberto is astonishing," Nelsen said after practice Tuesday. "By the letter of the law, you couldve had the whole back line sent off." Toronto failed to pick up points for the first time since July 5 in the match, which saw referee Ted Unkel hand out five eight cards (five to Toronto) and send off Kansas City captain Matt Besler in the 75th minute. Nelsen said that he hadnt yet heard from the league regarding a fine for his post-match tirade on Saturday, but he also wouldnt be surprised if he has to write a cheque. "My comments? I thought I was pretty good, wasnt I? Im probably going to get (fined)," said Nelsen, who admitted to taking time to cool off prior to meeting reporters following the game. "Ive heard rumours that a few of the boys might have lost their cool, and I cant really blame them to tell you the truth." Nelsen believes the lack of infrastructure within the game of soccer in North America is part of the reason he believes there are discrepancies in officiating between the MLS and leagues overseas. "Overseas, (officials) get experience in the lower leagues they grow up and they get a feel for the game," he said. "(In North America), theyre learning the game as theyre officiating at the top level. "Theyre trying to get better and better. I take my hat off to them when I know theyre trying to get better. You cant ask for anything more from them." Toronto (7-6-5) hopes for a better result Wednesday, when it begins a stretch at D.C. (10-5-4) that will see them play four straight away from BMO Field. TFC has been effective on the road this season, having gone 2-2-4 and failing to pick up points just twice. "I think teams open up a bit more when theyre at home trying to be a bit more expansive," said Nelsen of the teams road success. "The way were set up, were pretty tight and pretty organized and then we can catch them in certain areas when they over play or they go with numbers forward." D.C. currently sits in seconds place in the Eastern Conference standings and won the only other meeting between the two sides 2-1 on July 5. "It was quite harsh. Lesson learned," said defender, Bradley Orr of the previous meeting. "I thought wed done well in the game. It was unfortunate there to come away there with the defeat, but take nothing away from them, theyve come in and done well. Were going to try and replicate what theyve done to us. If we can get the three points, thatd be great." Toronto will be without defenders Doneil Henry (suspended), Steven Caldwell (quad) and Mark Bloom (MCL strain). As a result, Warren Creavalle, who was acquired from the Houston Dynamo on July 23, will likely make his TFC debut Wednesday. D.C. United has won three straight at home and are 6-2-3 at RFK Stadium this season. Ben Olsens side received some good news on the injury front this week as Argentine forward Fabian Espindola (knee) returned to training this week for the first time since suffering the injury July 11. Espindola still leads the Black-and-Red in both goals (7) and assists (8). Additionally, Chris Pontius (hamstring) has begun light jogging for the first time since undergoing surgery in late April. Neither will be available against the Reds. Toronto continues its road trip against the Montreal Impact Saturday. The Impact (3-12-5), sit 10th in the Eastern Conference with 14 points. Montreal defeated Toronto 1-0 in their last meeting, the Amway Canadian Championship final. Zapatillas Nike Baratas Imitacion . Sterling was banned for life and fined US$2.5 million by the NBA on Tuesday for racist comments the league says he made in a recorded conversation. Nash, who plays for the rival L.A. Lakers, spoke as a representative of current NBA players at a press conference assembled by Sacramento mayor and National Basketball Players Association adviser Kevin Johnson. Yeezy Baratas España . After Mariota was pushed around by Stanford on Thursday, finishing 20/34 with 250 yards and two touchdowns in Oregons Title hope-crushing defeat, hes going to need a poor performance or two from the remaining frontrunners to have a shot at the most coveted individual trophy in college sports. https://www.zapatillasbaratasspain.es/ . -- The Los Angeles Dodgers signed Cuban shortstop Erisbel Arruebarrena to a $25 million, five-year contract Saturday.Southampton captain Jose Fonte has been passed fit to make the trip to face Aston Villa on Saturday. The Portuguese defender was forced off with a head injury before half-time during their 1-1 draw at Everton last weekend, but has been cleared to play for Ronald Koemans side at Villa Park.Aston Villa will play at home for the first time since having their relegation confirmed, with caretaker boss Eric Black hoping to arrest a run of nine straight league defeats. Southampton, meanwhile, will be hoping for a victory to keep their hopes of qualifying for the Europa League next season alive. They currently sit eighth in the table, three points behind Liverpool in seventh. Although Jurgen Klopps side have a game in hand. Eric Black will be hoping to arrest a run of nine straight defeats Team newsBlack has revealed Kieran Richardson and Ciaran Clark are both doubts for clash with Southampton. Both players are struggling with niggling injuries and will be assessed ahead of the game.As well as Fonte, midfielder Victor Wanyama is also fit to face Aston Villa in the Premier League on Saturday.Fonte (head) and Wanyama (ribs) were both taken to hospital following the draw with Everton but have passed fitness tests.Charlie Austin and Florin Gardos (both knee) remain on the sidelines. Southampton were held to a 1-1 draw vy Villa in the reverse fixture in December Opta statsAston Villa have won just one of their last seven Premier League matches against Southampton (D3 L3).Last season, Sadio Mane scored the fastest hat-trick in Premier League history when they played against Aston Villa at St. Marys (2m 56s).Mane has scored three goals in his last four Premier League games for Southampton; this after a run of 19 league appearances without scoring.There have been just seven goals scored in the last six Premier League meetings between Villa and Saints at Villa Park. Mane scored a the fastest Premier League hat-trick against Aston Villa last season Shane Long has scored five goals in his last six Premier League appearances against Aston Villa.In fact, Long has netted more goals (five) against Aston Villa than he has mustered against any other Premier League opponent.Aston Villa have won just two of their last 18 Premier League home games (D4 L12) annd lost the last five in a row. Air Max Baratas Hombre. They have never lost six consecutively at home in their history.In those last five matches at Villa Park, the already relegated club have scored just two goals and conceded 17.Graziano Pelle has had a hand in seven goals in his last five Premier League appearances for Saints (four goals, three assists).Aston Villa have spent a league-low 184 minutes in the lead in Premier League matches this season.Mersons predictionsWhat score do you want? I cant see anything other than a Southampton win. I felt sorry for Joleon Lescott in the week because his comments about relegation being a relief were not meant like that. He meant the club could concentrate on bouncing back next season, so a lot of the criticism he received was unwarranted. Villa should give the kids a chance and see what theyre like ahead of next season - see who can be kept and who cant.Paul predicts: 0-2 (Sky Bet odds 5/1) Aston Villas relegation was confirmed last weekend BettingUnderdogs Aston Villa are 11/2 with Sky Bet to give the Villa Park faithful something to shout about by recording a win against 8/15 shots Southampton. While Villa are down the Saints still have plenty to play for with a top six place up for grabs and are 16/1 shots to do so.The last two meetings at Villa Park have ended in draws and another stalemate is available at 29/10. Soccer Saturday pundit Charlie Nicholas doesnt think it will be close this time and is tipping Southampton to win 3-0 at 17/2 and Saido Mane and Graziano Pelle both to score at 5/1.Get the latest odds and tips from our Sky Sports pundits here. Jamie Redknapp joins Ed Chamberlain to preview all Saturdays action in the Premier League. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: karthikrajan
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.