urnament in which the nation has made it through to the kn

in Share With Other Members Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:31 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

PARIS - Andy Murray hired former tennis player Amelie Mauresmo as his coach on Sunday, and will work with her at least through the grass-court season. Rod Barajas Jersey . Murray, who won the Wimbledon title last year, has been without a coach since he parted ways with Ivan Lendl in March. He reached the French Open semifinals this week, losing to Rafael Nadal in straight sets, and said after the match that he hoped to have a new coach in place for Wimbledon. The tournament at the All England Club starts on June 23. "Im excited by the possibilities of the new partnership and Amelie is someone I have always looked up to and admired," Murray said in a statement. "Shes faced adversity plenty of times in her career, but was an amazing player and won major titles, including Wimbledon." Mauresmo, a former top-ranked player from France, won two Grand Slam titles. She won her first at the Australian Open in 2006, and followed that up with the Wimbledon title a few months later. She retired at the end of the 2009 season, and has been French Fed Cup captain since 2012. "Im really excited to be able to work with Andy," Mauresmo said. "Hes an amazingly talented tennis player and I feel I have plenty to offer both him and the team around him. Im looking forward to getting down to work and helping him win more Grand Slams." With Lendl by his side, Murray finally won a major title at the 2012 U.S. Open. Then he won the Wimbledon title a year later, becoming the first British man since Fred Perry in 1936 to win the championship at the All England Club. Murray grew up being coached by his mother, Judy Murray. She is now the British Fed Cup captain. "I have a very strong coaching team already in place, but I think Amelie brings with her experience and tactical expertise and will push us all to improve," Murray said. "Everyone I know talks very highly of Amelie, as a person and coach, and Im convinced that her joining the team will help us push on - I want to win more Grand Slams." Matt Williams Jersey . Not that he was complaining. Davis had 13 points, nine rebounds and a career-high eight blocks, and the New Orleans Pelicans emphatically snapped a three-game skid with a 135-98 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night. Stephen Drew Jersey . Patty Mills had 20 points, Tim Duncan had 11 points and 13 rebounds in limited action, and San Antonio rolled to a 110-82 victory over Milwaukee that kept the Bucks winless in the new year. https://www.cheapdiamondbacksjerseys.us/158l-chris-young-jersey-diamondbacks.html .Y. -- Mark Steenhuis scored four goals and added two assists to lead the Buffalo Bandits over the Toronto Rock 12-10 in National Lacrosse League action on Saturday.RIO DE JANEIRO - Former world player of the year Kaka said Friday that while Brazils current first choice strikers bear no comparison to former greats like Romario and Ronaldo, they are good enough to win Brazils sixth World Cup. "Those two, Romario and Ronaldo are from a different level, but Fred and Jo are not bad. Fred has had a slow start to the World Cup, but he picked it up in the last game," said the 32-year-old AC Milan midfielder, who narrowly missed out on selection for the Brazilian squad. "Remember Fred had a great 2013 Confederations Cup," he said. "Later in the tournament, I think he will be a very important player for us." Speaking on the eve of Brazils Round of 16 match against Chile, Kaka urged his former teammates to forget previous World Cup meetings witth their South American neighbour. Nick Ahmed Jersey. "Chile is a very different team to the one in South Africa. A lot more of their squad are playing in Europe and they have a lot of experienced players," he told a news conference. Brazil beat Chile 3-0 in the 2010 World Cup to maintain a record of having knocked out La Roja in every tournament in which the nation has made it through to the knockout stages. If Brazil do make it past Chile, Kaka pinpointed Columbia and France, a "team which is growing into the tournament", as sides to watch out for. However, the man with 87 international caps sees the biggest threat to a Brazil win coming from Germany. "They are so dangerous. I think they will probably reach the final. Brazil v Germany is the final I want to see." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3251 topics and 3258 posts.