it former Ferrari teammate and seven-time F1 champio

in Share With Other Members Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:29 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

LONDON -- Fulham fired manager Rene Meulensteen and appointed Felix Magath on Friday, saying "action was required" in its bid to avoid relegation from the Premier League. Branden Kline Jersey . Magath, who has won three Bundesliga titles as a coach, signed an 18-month contract, the London club said in a statement. The German has a reputation for brutal training and fitness methods. His nicknames include "Torturer" and "Saddam." Fulhams statement failed to mention Meulensteen at all, but he later said he had been relieved of his duties after less than three months in the job. "They have hit the panic button on emotion and fear -- but hey ho, thats football," Meulensteen told the BBC. The firing came as a shock to many because the Dutchman appeared to be turning things around, getting a result against Manchester United and putting in a good effort against Liverpool despite losing in the last minute. But it wasnt enough for Fulham owner and chairman Shahid Khan. "Our club has shown promise in recent matches, but the fact is we have not won a league match since Jan. 1," Khan said. "Given our form, we can no longer merely hope that our fortunes will finally turn. And with 12 matches remaining and at least four points separating us from safety, we certainly can no longer post empty results. Action was required." The club is bottom of the table with 20 points from 26 matches. Magath has vast Bundesliga coaching experience, guiding Bayern Munich to back-to-back titles in 2005 and 2006, and lifting the league trophy again with Wolfsburg in 2009. He has also coached other German teams, including Hamburg and Schalke. But he has never managed in the Premier League. The 60-year-old Magath recently ruled out becoming coach again at Hamburg, which is in its own relegation battle and which he led to European glory as a player. He hasnt coached since leaving Wolfsburg in October 2012. "Here we go again. Im coming back into football," Magath said on his Facebook account. "I am manager of Fulham with immediate effect. Its a fantastic working environment for any coach and footballer." Khan welcomed the Germans experience, saying he had faith Magath could lift Fulham out of the relegation zone. "Im especially impressed with the reputation Felix has for coming into clubs at difficult times, often late in the season, and lifting them to their potential and beyond," Khan said. "Felix knows that is precisely the task awaiting him at Fulham, and he made it abundantly clear that he wants and is ready for the opportunity." Fulham said it would make an announcement soon about the clubs backroom staff. The teams next match is Saturday at West Bromwich Albion, which sits four points above the Cottagers in 17th place. Meulensteen, who previously worked under Alex Ferguson at Manchester United, was hired as Fulham manager after Martin Jol was sacked on Dec. 1. "I knew the owners were freaking out a little bit that there was the possibility of the club going down," Meulensteen told the BBC. "The way forward that we have discussed with the club was about longevity and in this case it is clearly an act of fear." Fulham held United to a 2-2 draw at Old Trafford on Sunday, but the team was beaten by a late penalty in a 3-2 loss to Liverpool on Wednesday at Craven Cottage. "I have not had a lot of time and people who came to the Manchester United and Liverpool games could see what I was trying to put in place," Meulensteen said. "I couldnt care less what they put in the statement, to be honest." Baltimore Orioles Store .com) - His team lost in the round of 16 of the FCS playoffs, yet Northern Iowa football coach Mark Farley says his team has made a strong case to be voted to the top 5 in the final rankings. Milt Pappas Jersey .C. -- Marcus Paige and his North Carolina teammates have endured so many wild swings -- big wins, surprising losses, NCAA drama -- that no one can blame their Hall of Fame coach for wondering whats next. https://www.cheaporioles.com/2178i-billy-ripken-jersey-orioles.html . Particularly when speaking in the stadium of Tuesdays opponent: Manchester City. "Maybe they dont fear us as before," Pique said on Monday, "because in the last two years we didnt win the Champions League.SAO PAULO, Brazil -- The solid performance by the Williams team in early testing has left Felipe Massa upbeat about the new Formula One season. The Brazilian driver had the second-best time in last months tests at Jerez and said the "good start" could play to his advantage when the season gets underway in Australia in March. "It always helps to start well, especially now that we have a completely different car, which requires a completely different driving style," Massa said at a news conference on Tuesday. Testing is seen as crucial this year as significant rule changes have been implemented, including a switch to a turbo engine and more sophisticated energy recovery systems. Debuting with Williams after eight years with Ferrari, Massa was clearly looking forward to making a fresh start. "Im really motivated, this is a special moment for me," he said. "I changed to a team that welcomed me with open arms. I needed this change and I think the team needed too." Massa remained cautious, however, saying that the cars full potential wont be known until the first race starts. Car designs needed significant aerodynamic alterations compared to last year, with reliability and fuel consumption likely to play a big part in races. "I think theres a lot too learn with the car and a lot has to be done to make the car improve," Massa said. Reggie Jackson Jersey. "Its hard to say right now how good we will be. Usually, in the first races it will be difficult just to finish the race. But it was a good start, I was happy." He said Mercedes also looked to be in a strong position after the tests, but that Red Bull has a lot of work to do to get its car ready after a series of mechanical difficulties. McLarens Kevin Magnussen had the best time overall after the four days of testing in Jerez, Spain. There will be two more test sessions ahead of the March 16 opener in Australia. The next testing period runs from Feb. 19-22 in Bahrain. Massa said he went to France to visit former Ferrari teammate and seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher, who is recovering from a serious head injury after a skiing accident in the French resort of Meribel on Dec. 29. "I stayed a long time by his side," said Massa, without providing many details on his condition. "It was good to be there. It looked like he was just sleeping, like anyone of us sleeps. Im really hopeful that everything will be OK and that he will wake up and recover fully." Massa said he is getting daily updates on the condition of his "great friend." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3254 topics and 3261 posts.