Ont., the Mustangs got off to a 24-0 lead in t

in Share With Other Members Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:07 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

LOS ANGELES -- Big Apple equals big prices when it comes to buying a Stanley Cup final ticket on the secondary market. Andres Galarraga Jersey . SeatGeek, an aggregator for the secondary ticket market, reports a "very high" demand for tickets in both Los Angeles and New York. "But theres a huge difference between the two cities," SeatGeek spokesman Connor Gregoire said Tuesday from New York. "Its much more a sellers market in New York." The average ticket price for Games 1 and 2 in Los Angeles is about US$800, with the cheapest going for $400, according to Gregoire. In New York, the average price for Games 3 and 4 is $1,800, with the cheapest at $1,000. "Its actually cheaper, say youre a Rangers fan in New York, for you to book a last-minute round-trip flight to L.A., stay in a hotel, buy two tickets to Game 1 or 2," said Gregoire. "Youd actually save money doing that versus buying two tickets in New York." Cameron Papp, a spokesman for ticket reseller StubHub, quoted an average price for Game 1 in Los Angeles at around $760 with Game 3 in New York at about $1,500. "New York actually hasnt seen a title in a while," he said from San Francisco. "A lot of fans are excited about it and thats whats driving up demand for this Stanley Cup final." Seeing the Rangers is a tough ticket during the regular season. Add pent-up demand due to a 20-year absence from the Cup final and New Yorkers desire to see a winner and you have a recipe for a sticker shock. Plus there are sports fans with some deep pockets there. They need them. Face value for most Rangers Cup final tickets start at $450 with an average of $750, according to Gregoire. Ice-level seats at Madison Square Garden can exceed $1,000. Rangers forward Derek Stepan says the good news for him is that most people understand that he cant help them with tickets. "Theres not too many people that are reaching out because they know that in this situation, that its going to be family only," he said. "It is crazy though," he said of the demand for tickets. Would he pay $1,800 for a ticket? "Me? I love the game," he said. "Id pay for it." SeatGeek, established in September 2009, has only seen one event with more ticket sizzle -- the Super Bowl earlier this year in the New York/New Jersey area. The average price for that Super Bowl on the secondary ticket market was $2,500. "So youre getting pretty close to that stratosphere," Gregoire said, referring to the Cup final. He believes this Cup final could equal that Super Bowl mark if the Rangers have a shot at closing out the series in Game 4 or 6. "Youre going to see a huge spike in prices," he said. And Game 6 tickets are already averaging $2,300. "Its pretty much there, at Super Bowl levels already." As of Tuesday afternoon, StubHub had 2,750 seats on offer for both Game 1 in Los Angeles and Game 4 in New York, with the number going down. Gregoire said usually 20 to 25 per cent of the arena is available on secondary outlets. The SeatGeek spokesman says if you have the cash and the desire to go to the final, dont wait. "Normally tickets on the secondary market come down in price, especially the last day of the game when sellers are happy to take whatever they can get for their tickets. But in the Stanley Cup finals or championship series in any sport really, theres so much demand ... fans are sort of out of luck if theyre hoping to score a last-minute bargain-basement deal." The Rangers are always a good draw, says Papp. This year, they were third behind the Blackhawks and Bruins on the StubHub sales table. "Its a pretty hot ticket, especially when the Knicks arent doing so well," he added. The Kings have also proved to be popular. Papp says two years ago Game 4 in Los Angeles Staples Center was StubHubs highest-selling Stanley Cup game of all-time. "Were going to see some demand from Los Angeles too. I just think its a little early." In other words, Kings fans are coming off their Game 7 win in Chicago while Rangers fans have had time to mull over buying tickets since eliminated the Canadiens late last week. As for StubHub, its hoping for a long series. "We always like more games," Papp said with a laugh. "Hopefully its going to be a great series." Quinton McCracken Jersey . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. Charlie Blackmon Jersey . They kicked off the still-going trend of host cities winning the Grey Cup and sent Hall of Fame head coach Wally Buono to the front office a champion. https://www.cheaprockiesjerseys.us/1074t-brendan-rodgers-jersey-rockies.html .A. Happ. The Toronto Blue Jays will be looking to improve the starting rotation ahead of next season and pitchers like Happ have a chance to show they belong as the disastrous 2013 campaign draws to a close.HAMILTON, Ont. -- The McMaster Marauders made a statement at their homecoming game. The No. 9-ranked Marauders cruised to a 66-3 win over the Waterloo Warriors on Saturday in Canadian university football action. McMaster (3-3) struck for 37 points in the opening half to put the game out of reach for a struggling Waterloo (1-5) team. Marauders quarterback Marshall Ferguson of Kingston, Ont., tossed five touchdowns to four different receivers while Kasean Davis-Reynolds of Mississauga, Ont., rushed for two touchdowns. The Marauder defence also forced six turnovers and registered six sacks. McMaster defensive-back Keldyn Ahlsted of Whitby, Ont., had three interceptions. Ferguson finished 23 for 31 passing for 309 yards with five touchdowns in three quarters of play. Davis Reynolds amassed 74-yards on 11 attempts with 64 of those yards coming before the half. Tyler Loveday of Kitchener caught two of Fergusons touchdown passes while Michael DiCroce of Hamilton posted a game high 91 yards receiving. Also scoring touchdowns were Daniel Vandervoort of Barrie, Ont., Joshua Vandeweerd of Burlington, Ont. and Declan Cross of Oakville, Ont. Elsewhere in the CIS it was: St. F-X 30, Mount Allison 9; Saint Marys 17 Acadia 10; Montreal 30 Sherbrooke 24; Queens 40 Laurier 34 in overtime; Ottawa 35 Carleton 10; Western 51 Windsor 23; UBC 28 Manitoba 24 and Regina 25 Alberta 20. At Hamilton, quarterback Brian Chris of Waterloo threw four interceptions for the Warriors and posted only 72 yards in the loss. The Marauder defence stymied the Waterloo attack allowing only 172 total yards. --- X-Men 30 Mounties 9 At Antigonish, N.S., quarterback Tivon Cook threw for 274 yards and three touchdown passes as St. F-X (3-2) dispatched Mount Allison (1-4). Troy Tulowitzki Jersey. --- Huskies 17 Axemen 10 At Halifax, Melvin Abankwah scored on a 74-yard punt return to help St. Marys (3-2) get past Acadia (2-3). --- Montreal 30 Sherbooke 24 At Sherbrooke, Que., Manuel Crisi-Lauzon ran 21 times for 185 yards, and teammate Sean Thomas-Erlington ran for two touchdowns in the Carabins (4-2) win over the Vert and Or (2-4). --- Queens 40 Laurier 34 (OT) At Kingston, Ont., James Fracas threw four touchdown passes for the Golden Hawks (1-6), who lost in overtime for the second game in a row. Laurier looked to have blocked a Queens (5-1) field goal attempt in overtime but, in a wild sequence, the ball was booted into the endzone and recovered by the Gaels Aaron Gazendam for the touchdown. --- Ottawa 35 Carleton 10 At Ottawa, the winless Ravens (0-6) did get something to cheer about in their loss to the cross-town rival Gee Gees (4-3), with Tunde Adeleke scoring on a 129 yard punt return. --- Western 51 Windsor 23 At Windsor, Ont., the Mustangs got off to a 24-0 lead in the first quarter over the Lancers (4-3). Western (7-0) intercepted three passes, with Simon Bahru returning one 54 yards to the end zone. --- UBC 28 Manitoba 24 At Winnipeg, Carson Williams completed 22 of 40 passes for 348 yards and two touchdowns, including a 15-yarder to Micha Theil in the fourth quarter, to lead the Thunderbirds (3-3) over the Bisons (3-3). --- Regina 25 Alberta 20 At Regina, the Golden Bears (0-6) took a 15-0 lead in the first quarter, but they are still looking for their first win of the season after a heartbreaking loss to the Rams. Regina (1-5) took the lead with under a minute remaining on John Kiesmans one-yard run that capped a nine-play, 75-yard drive. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ylq
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.