love, which is skiing." Canadian coaches Jean-Paul Richard

in Share With Other Members Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:07 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

SAINT-QUENTIN-EN-YVELINES, France -- Anders Hansen of Denmark shot a 5-under 66 to lead by a stroke after the first round of the French Open on a golf course that punished some of the main contenders on Thursday. Wholesale Bulls Jerseys . Hansen made seven birdies and two bogeys on the Albatross course of Le Golf National, which will host the Ryder Cup in 2018. "You do want to stay out of the rubbish, and theres plenty of it out there," Hansen said. "Every hole theres something. One bad shot and all of a sudden youre staring at double. Its just tough out there." Hansen finished fourth at the French Open in 2009 and his best result this year was a third place at the Malaysian Open in March. Frenchman Romain Wattel was in second place, one stroke clear of nine players who shared third place, including Martin Kaymer of Germany. The 22-year-old Wattel finished joint third at the Lyoness Open last month in Austria and wound up fourth in April at the Ballantines Championship in Seoul. Past winners Martin Kaymer of Germany (68) and Miguel Angel Jimenez of Spain (69) stayed in contention, along with 2010 U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell of Northern Ireland (69) and American golfer Matt Kuchar (70). "If you hit off line out here, you lose your ball basically," McDowell said. "Its a very punishing golf course." Kuchar is second in the Fedex rankings behind Tiger Woods and was making his French Open debut. "It was an amazing reception on the first tee," Kuchar said. "It just made me feel very welcome. I was excited to get around and going." Ranked 1560th in the world, Thomas Pieters of Belgium had a share of third place until the last hole where he made a double bogey for a 70 to slip to 24th. The 21-year-old Pieters turned pro last month and was playing for the first time on the European Tour. Former top-ranked Luke Donald of England birdied his last two holes to limit the damage with an even-par 71. "This is a course that demands a lot of precision," Donald said. "If youre a little bit off, it can bite you. It bit me on 18." Ryder Cup star Ian Poulter (73) of England, Matteo Manassero (73) of Italy, defending champion Marcel Siem (78) of Germany and Danish prodigy Thorbjorn Olesen (78) will need a good second round on Friday to make the cut. Custom Chicago Bulls Jerseys . Lost to Los Angeles in first round of playoffs. Bulls Jerseys 2020 . The Union looked to have grabbed a big win in the 88th minute when Amobi Okugo finally put the hosts in front. But a terrible giveaway by Union goalkeeper Rais Mbolhi handed Earnshaw the equalizer in the second minute of stoppage time, keeping the Union two points back of fifth-place Red Bull New York for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. https://www.cheapbulls.com/ . Founding members of the Genie Army, a group of Eugenie Bouchard supporters who cheered for the rising tennis star during the Australian Open in January, will be in the city for the Rogers Cup, beginning this weekend.Canadas entire womens moguls team is headed for the medal round in Sochi. A strong Canadian contingent battled down the challenging moguls run on Thursday at Rosa Khutor Exreme Park, keeping Canadas hope for another Olympic medal in womens moguls alive. The Dufour-Lapointe sisters Chloe, Justine and Maxime along with teammate Audrey Robichaud finished in the top 10 to earn direct berths into Saturdays final. Chloe Dufour-Lapointe led the charge by posting a score of 22.64 to finish second behind reigning Olympic champion Hannah Kearney of the United States, who scored 22.05. Justine Dufour-Lapointe, the youngest sister at 19, finished third with a score of 22.28, while sister Maxime finished the day in eighth after scoring 20.88 on her qualifying run. Veteran Team Canada member Audrey Robichaud also advanced to Saturdays medal round, scoring 20.61 and finishing in ninth place. Robichaud, the only "non-Dufour-Lapointe" on the womenns team, is happy to ski alongside the trio of sisters in Sochi. Chicago Bulls Shirts. "People call me the other, but I think that might be playing into my favour," said Robichaud. "I just do my thing. I do what I love, which is skiing." Canadian coaches Jean-Paul Richard and Marc-Andre Moreau were pleased with the performance of their athletes in Thursdays qualifying runs. "It is a good day at the office," said Richard. "It was the plan and the hope to get all four in the top 10." As for what the womens team can accomplish in Saturdays final, Canadian medal expectations remain high. "All four are capable," said Moreau. "It is a hard course but they have reacted well to it. If they do what they have to do then they all have the potential to get on the podium." The rest of the field will compete for the remaining 10 spots in a second qualification run on Saturday before the final at 10 pm ET. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3252 topics and 3259 posts.