ille said Teravainen "has skills to play here," but needs to add stre

in Share With Other Members Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:55 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Josh Beckett has pitched his home games in Los Angeles for almost two years now, and hed almost forgotten what it was like to sit through a rain delay. Yeezy 350 Outlet . He handled this one with no problem The right-hander waited more than 2 hours to make his start Tuesday night, but once he got on the mound, he was on top of his game. Beckett allowed two hits in six shutout innings, Hanley Ramirez hit a two-run single and the Dodgers defeated the Cincinnati Reds 6-1. "Sitting around today was tough," the 34-year-old Beckett said. "Im not 23 anymore. I was ready to go at 7:10. I spent a lot of time in the weight room trying to stay loose. I felt fine." Beckett (4-3), who had endured two consecutive 2-1 losses since his no-hitter May 25 in Philadelphia, finished with seven strikeouts and one walk. He also hit a batter with a pitch. "Actually, I felt like it was his cleanest game since the no-hitter," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "The ball was coming out better. He had a better changeup, and he kept the ball down." Beckett echoed Mattinglys assessment. "I felt like it was a clean outing," he said. He also enjoyed better support from his offence, which scored more runs in one inning than it had in his previous two starts combined. Yasiel Puig, Adrian Gonzalez, Andre Ethier and Justin Turner led the Los Angeles lineup with two hits apiece. Beckett got into the act with a single of his own for the Dodgers, who have won three straight and four of five. "Joshs performance today is what hes been giving us all year," Ethier said. "We havent been producing many runs for him." Mike Leake, reached for a season-high five runs in his previous start Thursday against San Francisco, allowed five more and a season-high nine hits in 5 1-3 innings. Leake (3-6), who lost seven games last season, had seven strikeouts and one walk. "It was a weird night," said Leake, bothered by a stiff neck in his previous three starts. "I missed some spots. I got some groundballs, but they found holes. I didnt do my job today." Reds first baseman Joey Votto, activated from the 15-day disabled list before the game after missing 23 games with a strained quadriceps in his left knee, went 1 for 3 with a single, two strikeouts and a walk. After the start was delayed by rain for 2 hours, 5 minutes, the Dodgers took a 1-0 lead in the second on Gonzalezs leadoff double and Ethiers one-out double. Beckett helped himself in a three-run fifth after Turner led off with a single. With one out, the pitcher faked a bunt and hit a chopper over charging third baseman Todd Frazier for his third hit in 23 at-bats this season. "I saw him charging," Beckett said. "He was playing so shallow already. I took a shot." Turner scored on Dee Gordons double, and Ramirez drove in both runners with a single to right field. That pretty much gave Los Angeles control. The largest deficit overcome by the Reds to win this season is two runs. Cincinnati manager Bryan Price was impressed with the Dodgers approach. "They did a nice job of putting the ball in play," Price said. "They ran some balls through the infield. They had enough team speed to get some good reads off the bat and score off that line drive to right." Los Angeles added a run in the sixth on Matt Kemps one-out walk and back-to-back singles by Ethier and Turner, who has four consecutive multihit games. Puig singled, stole second and scored on Gonzalezs second double in the seventh. Ethier is hitting .467 (7 for 15) with six RBIs against Leake. The Reds avoided being shut out on Jay Bruces leadoff double, Devin Mesoracos infield single and Zack Cozarts one-out RBI single in the seventh. Mesoraco snapped a career-worst, 0-for-19 slump. NOTES: Cozart stayed in the game after being hit in the batting helmet by Becketts pitch in the fifth. ... Ethiers sixth-inning infield single originally was ruled an out, but Mattinglys challenge led to the call being overturned after a replay review. ... LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu is the Dodgers scheduled starter Wednesday. The last time he faced the Reds, he carried a perfect game through seven innings before settling for a 4-3 win on May 26 in Los Angeles. Yeezy 350 Store . - Josh Sterk scored twice to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 7-1 rout of the Ottawa 67s in Mondays Ontario Hockey League action. Yeezy 350 Discount . Even if he is shooting 38 per cent from the field overall this season, the Utah Jazz rookie always feels like his final shot is going in. https://www.cheapyeezy350outlet.com/ . Rockhold." Known as an aggressive striker, Belfort (23-10) instead paced himself as the engaged in the early going and showed restraint by not overcommitting against the larger Rockhold (10-2). But when the opportunity presented itself, Belfort delivered an incredible spinning heel kick that landed flush on Rockholds chin and sent him toppling to the floor. CHICAGO -- Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane want to stay in Chicago, and the Blackhawks think the high-scoring forwards are a central part of their promising future. Get ready for a pair of big contract extensions this summer. With the Blackhawks still coming to grips with their dramatic loss in the Western Conference finals, general manager Stan Bowman said Tuesday that megadeals for Toews and Kane are his biggest priority this off-season. "Theres no doubt thats what were gonna do," Bowman said. "Weve made it clear. Weve never wavered from that. Theres no doubting the importance of those two players." The Blackhawks selected Toews with the No. 3 pick in the 2006 draft, and grabbed Kane with the No. 1 overall selection the following year. They combined to lead Chicago out of a dark period to Stanley Cup titles in 2010 and 2013. Toews and Kane each have one more year left on their contracts, and Bowman can officially start negotiating with two of the NHLs biggest stars on July 1. "I know we both love it here in Chicago and we love playing here and having a chance to win every year," said Kane, who won the Conn Smythe Trophy last year as playoff MVP. Toews expressed a similar sentiment. "Who could ever think of a better situation to be in?" the captain said. "I think back to the day I was drafted, I had absolutely no idea that all this would be in store for me in my short career so far. Ive been so fortunate to be a part an unbelievable group of guys, the majority of our team that has been together since Ive been here. And just to see the growth of this franchise in the city of Chicago and the amazing fans we have here, theres no doubt in my mind that theres no better way to have it." The Blackhawks had a chance for a second straight NHL title before they lost 5-4 to the Los Angeles Kings in overtime in Game 7 on Sunday night. Alec Martinez got the winning goal when his shot deflected off Chicago defenceman Nick Leddy and fluttered over goalie Corey Crawford. If Chicago is able to retain Toews and Kane, it looks as if it could contend for the Stanley Cup for years to come. Yeezy 350 For Sale. It is in a much better spot than it was following the 2010 title run, when the Blackhawks kept their core intact but parted with much of their supporting cast because of salary cap concerns. Bowman thinks the roster will look largely the same when next season begins. An overhaul "certainly is not warranted at this point," he said. "Our team performed very well in most areas of the game." Patrick Sharp had a team-high 78 points during the regular season, but struggled for much of the playoffs. He had two goals in Game 7 against Los Angeles after scoring three in the first 18 playoff games, but if he was injured he wasnt saying. "At this point in the year, everybodys got something going on," he said. "Im not gonna make any excuses for the way I played at stretches of the playoffs." It was a bitter finish for Sharp and for the Blackhawks. Instead of another Stanley Cup run, the attention turns toward the future. Chicago needs some of its younger centres to develop quickly, including prospect Teuvo Teravainen. The promising 19-year-old forward from Finland played in three games for the Blackhawks this year and could take on a more prominent role next season. "Were not going to put any pressure on him," Bowman said. "Hes 19 years old still. The one thing we have done very well over the last few years is weve given players time to develop." Coach Joel Quenneville said Teravainen "has skills to play here," but needs to add strength and develop the ability "to go into hard areas" on offence. Forward Ben Smith and backup goalie Antti Raanta are restricted free agents. Brandon Saad will be after next season, and Bowman sounded as if he plans to keep all three players. "Thats the goal here is to keep this thing going," Bowman said. "I think the reason weve been able to do that is twofold. No. 1, weve been able to keep the main players together. But No. 2, weve been able to bring in some young players, and theyve been able to support the role. We have to be able to continue to do that." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3252 topics and 3259 posts.