ames. He put in the rebound of Justin Abdelkaders shot f

in Share With Other Members Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:51 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

CANONSBURG, Pa. Green Bay Packers Pro Shop . -- Its a no go for Sidney Crosby this week. And theres still no hint when the NHLs marquee star will make his long-awaited comeback. On Monday, Crosby ruled himself out of playing in either of the Pittsburgh Penguins games this week, meaning the earliest he could return from the concussion that has sidelined him since January is Nov. 11. It might not be possible for Crosby to play that soon, either, even though that date has been the most mentioned when those around the NHL speculate about the Penguins captains return. While Penguins coach Dan Bylsma raved about how well Crosby is practising -- he said its at a superstar level -- he cautioned that Crosbys injury recovery still isnt nearly complete. Most of all, Bylsma said, Crosby needs further contact work in practice. "Hes been practising at a high level for a while," said Bylsma, a former NHL forward. "If you watch him practice, you see speed and skill at a level that not many of us ever get to. At the same time, you have to understand the rehab, him putting good days together, getting in those (contact) situations. Hes at a high level, but hes still in the process of rehabbing." The Penguins will practise as many as four times each this week and next after playing 13 games in 24 days to start the season, on-ice time that might finally allow Crosby to absorb some hits. He will not be cleared for game action until he proves to his doctors that he can handle contact during practice. Because Crosby and his doctors, the Penguins medical staff and the coaches and front office all must sign off on his return, no one is daring to suggest a possible comeback date for a player who already has won an NHL MVP award, scoring title, Stanley Cup and Olympic gold medal. Because the Penguins had so few practice days in October, Crosbys contact in practice was minimal at best. There werent many hits thrown around during an hour-long practice at a suburban rink Monday, even though the Penguins dont play again until Thursday at San Jose. The finish up their California road swing Saturday at Los Angeles, then are off until they meet Dallas on Nov. 11. "Its the same old story," Crosby said. "We havent had a ton of time to practise, but in the next little while there will be some opportunities." Crosby hasnt missed any practice time since training camp opened Sept. 17, and he has remained symptom-free from the concussion that occurred following violent hits in successive games Jan. 1 and Jan. 5. But practice speed doesnt resemble game speed, and hits in practice dont resemble those of games. As of Saturday, Crosby wont have played in an NHL game in 10 months, and even the best of players needs time to get acclimated to game speed, contact and making plays on the fly. "Its not just an automatic thing," Crosby said. "To go through hitting is a big step. I just want to make sure I get through that. Its the most important thing -- however long that takes. I dont want to get too far ahead. I just want to make sure it goes well and (I) give myself the best chance to handle it." For now, everything appears to be there -- the stickhandling, the speed, the adept decision-making, the instinctive ability that always seemed to make Crosby one stride ahead of everyone else on the ice. Crosby said he probably cant get in much better shape no matter how long he practises. "Its about as good as its going to get without playing a game," Crosby said. "You can only get to a certain point in practice. I feel like Im in good shape. Its not game shape. You cant get that until you play." Most of Mondays Penguins practice was devoted to shooting and skating drills, but Bylsma said there will be more game-type situational work Tuesday. "I think Im getting more comfortable," Crosby said. "The more I can get in game situations, the better. I feel like each time weve done that, its gotten easier and easier. Its a good sign." Penguins centre Jordan Staal (lower body injury) skated before practice after being held out of a 4-3 loss in Toronto on Saturday. He remains listed as day to day. "I would say it still seems like he probably will be fine going forward," Bylsma said. "But well see how that works out later in the week." Custom Green Bay Packers Jerseys .C. -- Gleason Fournier scored the shootout winner as the Grand Rapids Griffins defeated the Abbotsford Heat 4-3 Friday in American Hockey League action. Green Bay Packers Shirts . Dougie Hamilton and Jordan Caron scored in the first period after the Red Wings had miscues on the ice and Tuukka Rask finished with a 23-save shutout, giving Boston a 3-0 win over the Red Wings and a 2-1 series lead in their first-round series. https://www.packersjerseysale.com/ . Roy says he will know more about Duchenes potential playing status Sunday. Duchene has been out since damaging the MCL in his left knee when he ran into a teammate against San Jose on March 29. Hes been skating on his own all week, before joining the team Saturday hours before a pivotal game in a series tied at 2.DETROIT -- The Florida Panthers got better as the game went on and kept the Red Wings struggling at home. Jonathan Huberdeaus goal early in the third period broke a tie and Florida beat the Detroit Red Wings 2-1 on Saturday night. The Panthers trailed 1-0 after the first period but outshot the Red Wings 28-14 in the final two periods. "When the other team scores the first goal, we usually struggle, kind of back on our heels," Huberdeau said. "But we were able to get the tying goal." Jimmy Hayes also scored for Florida. Shawn Matthias had two assists and Tim Thomas stopped 22 shots. "This is one of the toughest buildings to play in. We wanted to play with energy. They had to play last night (a 3-1 win in New Jersey)," Panthers coach Peter Horachek said. " ... We just wanted to work both ends of the rink." Daniel Cleary scored for Detroit, which is only 5-6-6 at home. "I thought it was lack of energy for sure. You try to fight through it the best you possibly can," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "We had a game last night, they sat in our building, hung out and waited for us. Theres no excuse for anything, you got to find ways to win games. " Backup goalie Jonas Gustavsson, making his second consecutive start, made 35 saves. It was Gustavssons first regulation loss of the season (8-1-1). "Its always a little bit tougher to play that back to back, you got to be smart, save your legs and all that. We played a team that played good tonight, made it tough for us," Gustavsson said. "I felt like they were skating and forechecked us pretty good. At the end of the day we probably could have gotten a bounce and scored that second goal. You nevver know. Fake Packers Jerseys. We just got to bounce back from this and have a good next game." Huberdeau gave Florida the lead at 3:29 of the third period. Left wide open in front of Gustavsson, Huberdeau put in a backhand shot after making a move for his seventh goal. Hayes tied it at 1 at 2:59 of the second period with his third goal of the season. Gustavsson appeared to have a shot by Matthias smothered. But the puck dropped under one of Gustavssons pads and Hayes poked it in for his second goal in two games. The Panthers outshot the Red Wings 17-5 in the second period. "Our game plan was just to play hard and we refocused during the game," Hayes said. Niklas Kronwall talked about what happened to Detroit after the first. "We stopped skating. I dont think it has anything to do with the energy. I dont know what it is," he said. "We have to be a lot more desperate and determined than that. We stopped skating and started watching hockey instead of playing." Cleary opened the scoring 4:06 into the game with his first goal in 24 games. He put in the rebound of Justin Abdelkaders shot for Clearys second goal of the season. NOTES: Detroit C Stephen Weiss played his first game against his former team. Weiss signed a five-year, $25 million free agent contract with the Red Wings in July. ... Detroit remained without both C Pavel Datsyuk (concussion) and captain Henrik Zetterberg (herniated disc). The team said that Datsyuk will return on Tuesday when the two teams play in Florida. ... Panthers goalie Tim Thomas is from Flint, Mich., which is about 60 miles north of Detroit. ... The Red Wings were also without C Darren Helm, who missed his second game with a shoulder injury. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3252 topics and 3259 posts.