MILWAUKEE -- Stephen Strasburgs fastball was on, but the changeup was off. [url=https://www.cheappistonsonline.com/1216y-jordan

in Share With Other Members Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:38 am
by jokergreen0220 • 480 Posts

MILWAUKEE -- Stephen Strasburgs fastball was on, but the changeup was off. Jordan Bone Jersey . Minus one pitch in his arsenal, the Washington Nationals ace got shelled for one of the worst outings of his career. Scooter Gennett had a grand slam and five RBIs, Khris Davis added a solo shot and the Milwaukee Brewers roughed up Strasburg in a 9-2 victory Wednesday. Strasburg (6-6) was tagged for eight hits and seven runs in 4 2-3 innings. Strasburg also allowed seven earned runs in a two-inning start on July 12, 2013, in an 8-3 loss to Miami. Strasburg said he was having issues with his mechanics that were causing hitters "to see the ball a lot better. ... Still trying to figure that out. It just doesnt feel the same, it doesnt look the same." Manager Matt Williams said Strasburg was commanding his fastball, but the changeup threw him off. Thats not good news against the aggressive Brewers, even with top hitters Ryan Braun, Jonathan Lucroy and Aramis Ramirez all getting a day off. "So he couldnt go to it, he was missing with that," Williams said. "And then he got behind in the count and they took advantage of it. This team swings at fastballs and they hit them. If you get behind, you can get in trouble." Homer-prone starter Marco Estrada (7-4) allowed just two hits and pitched effectively into the seventh for the Brewers, who bounced back a day after falling 4-2 in 16 innings to Washington. Estrada has given up a major league-high 24 homers, but didnt allow a homer Wednesday. Estradas only other outing without a homer was during a 6-1 loss to St. Louis on April 15. On Wednesday, fans showered him with a standing ovation after he got lifted in the seventh. "The way the game was going, Im sure everyone was really excited about it -- but to get some cheers in that game, it made me feel really good," Estrada said. Gennett turned on a 2-1 fastball for his first career grand slam and fifth homer of the season that landed on the concourse above right-centre field in the second for a 4-1 lead. Davis opened the bottom of the fourth with a no doubt-about-it shot above the "Goodwill" sign in left-centre for his team-high 14th homer to make it 5-2. Davis swung at a first-pitch fastball. "A guy like Strasburg, you dont want to get to two strikes off him," Davis said. "You want be aggressive and get him early." The Brewers bats broke out after scoring just two runs in 25 innings in the first two games of a series between NL division leaders. Rookie Taylor Hill, making his major-league debut, allowed two runs and five hits in 3 1/3 innings of relief. The benches did empty briefly after Carlos Gomez slid through second base on second basemans Kevin Frandsens relay on a double play to end the eighth inning. Gomez had reached after getting hit by a pitch. Shortstop Ian Desmond took issue with the slide and exchanged words with Gomez. No punches were thrown and the teams returned to their dugouts. "I respect the way he plays the game, but I got no respect for that," Desmond said. "In a World Series game, you slide like that. In a seven-run differential game, theres no time for that. If youre going to defend that, Ive got no respect if you can defend that." Manager Ron Roenicke said it was a hard but clean slide. "You get hit with a ball, you get a little adrenaline going, and youre going to go in hard," the skipper said. NOTES: Nationals OF Bryce Harper (left thumb) has joined Class AA Harrisburg for the next phase of his rehab stint for a left thumb injury. ... Williams said C Wilson Ramos (right hamstring) could rejoin the team in time for the start of Thursdays four game series in Chicago against the Cubs. ... Doug Fister (6-5) will start the opener of the Cubs series for Washington. Milwaukee opens a four-game set on Thursday at Miller Park with Wily Peralta (8-5) taking the hill. Markieff Morris Jersey .Y. - Pittsburgh Penguins star Sidney Crosby captured his second career Art Ross trophy on Sunday after leading the NHL in scoring this season. Tom Van Arsdale Jersey .cas NHL Play of the Year showdown continues today with a man whos spent most of his career on highlight reels and a goalie actually "reaching back" for a save. https://www.cheappistonsonline.com/936y-nathaniel-clifton-jersey-pistons.html . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video.FORT MYERS, Fla. - Grady Sizemores long journey back from a series of injuries that almost ended his promising career is complete: He will be the Boston Red Soxs starting centre fielder on opening day. The three-time All-Star is set to play for the World Series champions Monday at Baltimore. "Its very exciting," Sizemore said Friday. "Its been a long road for me and Im happy to keep moving forward and to be in this position for this team." Sizemore beat out highly regarded prospect Jackie Bradley Jr. for the starting job. The Red Sox said Friday that Bradley will begin the season at Triple-A Pawtucket. Sizemore has not played in the majors since September 2011 with Cleveland. He has undergone seven operations since 2009, including surgery on both knees, his back and elbow. The Red Sox lost star centre fielder Jacoby Ellsbury to the Yankees in free agency during the off-season. Boston signed the 31-year-old Sizemore in January, hoping he could still make an impact. Sizemore hit .333 in spring training, going 13 for 39 with a home run, two doubles, three walks, and four strikeouts. He held up well in the outfield, playing 82 innings. "This is one of those situations where the game was taken away from a player and now that its back in his reach, that appreciation is only going to grow," Farrell said. "Theres a greater appreciation that I think any player goes through when theyre able to attain that level again. "He hasnt had any push back with the repetition and the volume in spring training, saying his body cant take it," Farrell added. "We have had a cautious level of optimism with each passing day." Entering spring training, the Red Sox were not sure what to expect from Sizemore. But hes passed every marker. Whats left is too see how he holds up during the rigours of a full season. Detroit Pistons Gear. "As far as the durability question, we answered it as best we could given the number of spring training games," Farrell said. "He will still be on a progression in the month of April where theres a prescribed number of games played and theres a progression to that. Its premature to give you an exact number of games per week. But were working toward an everyday status." Sizemore was a third-round pick of the Montreal Expos in 2000 before being acquired in a six-player deal by Cleveland in 2002 when Farrell was the Indians director of player development. Before his injuries, Sizemore was one of baseballs most dynamic players. A left-handed batter, he hit 20 or more home runs with 20 or more stolen bases in each of his first four full seasons, from 2005-08, the most 20-20 seasons in Indians history. The only other players ever to record three 20-20 seasons within their first four big league seasons are Darryl Strawberry (1984-86) and Bobby Bonds (1969-71). Despite his time away from the game, Sizemore never gave up on his baseball career, though. "I didnt think it was over," he said. "I just didnt know if Id ever get back to feeling healthy. It wasnt really a matter of playing baseball. It was the little things like being able to run. It was one of those things where youre just trying to find answers." The last few years have not been easy on Sizemore. After appearing in a total of 639 games from 2005-08, he has played in just 210 since. But, on Monday, expect that to change. "Its nice to have some positive news," Sizemore said. "In the last couple of years everythings been so negative. Its almost hard to realize whats going on. Hard to sink in." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ylq
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.