DALLAS -- Alonzo Mourning went to Georgetown to play basketball, not discover the world. [url=http://www.yeezy700outlet.com/dis

in Share With Other Members Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:09 am
by jokergreen0220 • 480 Posts

DALLAS -- Alonzo Mourning went to Georgetown to play basketball, not discover the world. Yeezy 700 2020 Fake . The 6-foot-10 centre who won an NBA title with the Miami Heat was voted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday, adding that honour to becoming a board member at his alma mater. "I didnt understand the prestige of this university, the global prestige of this university," Mourning said. "Never in my wildest dreams would I ever thought as a freshman that I would be sitting on the board of that university. Now Im rubbing elbows with CEOs and billionaires and individuals that helped change this world." Mourning was elected along with former NBA star Mitch Richmond and NCAA championship-winning coaches Nolan Richardson and Gary Williams. The womens team from Immaculata College, which won three straight national championships in the 1970s, also was chosen. They joined the previously announced class of 2014 that includes retired NBA Commissioner David Stern. The induction ceremony is Aug. 8 in Springfield, Mass. Richardson was honoured 20 years after leading Arkansas to the NCAA title over Duke. A former player under the late Hall of Fame coach Don Haskins at Texas Western (now UTEP), Richardson also guided the Razorbacks to the Final Four in 1990 and 1995. The 72-year-old Richardson couldnt share the moment with daughter Yvonne Richardson and son Nolan Richardson III. His daughter died of leukemia at 15, and his son and former assistant coach was found dead at his home in Tulsa, Okla., two years ago at the age of 47. Richardson also remembered several Texas Western teammates who had died. "I know they would be so happy and delighted," said Richardson, who hasnt coached since leaving Arkansas in 2002 and has 509 career victories. "I ask the good Lord to give them the message that things are good and Ive done all right." Williams led Maryland, his alma mater, to the 2002 title with a victory over Indiana. He retired in 2011 with 668 wins, seven 25-win seasons and 22 post-season appearances, including 11 straight trips to the NCAA tournament. "I was just a coach," Williams said. "To be able to go in with Nolan certainly is great." Mourning was a seven-time NBA All-Star and two-time defensive player of the year who was among the leagues best shot-blockers, while Richmond was an elite scorer who won a title in a secondary role with the Los Angeles Lakers in 2001-02, his final season. Richmonds best years were on losing teams in Sacramento. He averaged a career-high 25.9 points for a 34-48 team in 1996-97. "You can judge me and you can judge my game," said Richmond, who is 37th on the NBA scoring list at 20,497 points. "Im a Hall of Famer." Lithuania star Sarunas Marciulionis was among several candidates already selected by various committees. Stern went in via the contributors committee, and former Indiana Pacers coach Bob "Slick" Leonard was chosen by the ABA committee. The late Nat "Sweetwater" Clifton of the New York Knicks was chosen by the early African-American pioneers committee, and the late Guy Rodgers of Temple by the veterans committee. 2020 Yeezy 700 . Cleveland has won the first two of this set and has won six straight games since losing back-to-back tilts to open the year. Seattle, on the other hand, has now lost six in a row following consecutive wins to kick off its campaign. Yeezy 700 Teal Blue Outlet . THE THUNDER & PACERS BENCHES: In a nutshell, not impressive at all. http://www.yeezy700outlet.com/discount-yeezy-700-mauve-online.html . This game was inside. Adrian Peterson was missing. The stage was set for another step toward the playoffs.SAN ANTONIO - The San Antonio Spurs needed a lift after a succession of injuries to key players and a series of deflating losses.Patty Mills return gave the Spurs a boost, but withstanding an emotional and physical matchup with the Houston Rockets provided what they truly needed a win.Danny Green had 24 points and San Antonio held off a late rally to beat Houston 110-106 on Sunday, snapping a six-game skid against its intrastate rivals.Mills had eight points, all in the final quarter, but his energy was the spark that helped the Spurs snap a two-game skid. The 6-foot guard from Australia even dived on his surgically repaired right shoulder for a loose ball in the first half and played all but 12 seconds in the fourth quarter.His energy, just his activity is was contagious, San Antonio forward Tim Duncan said. It was great for us; brought a huge spark to the team.Duncan had 16 points and Manu Ginobili had 15 for the Spurs (19-13).James Harden had 28 points and Dwight Howard added 24 points and 17 rebounds for Houston (21-8). The Rockets newest additions had differing levels of success: Corey Brewer scored 25 points and Josh Smith added five points.Smith sat all but 30 seconds in the final seven minutes due to what Houston coach Kevin McHale deemed a lack of familiarity on a couple of missed defensive assignments.It wasnt just Smith that seemed lost, though. Houston had 25 turnovers, including eight in the final quarter that resulted in 11 points.We werent really sharp all night, McHale said. They beat us on back cuts. They beat us on cuts and we werent as sharp as we needed to be and the turnovers just killed us tonight, 25 of them, just too many turnovers.Houston went 4 minutes without scoring between a pair of dunks by Howard San Antonio ran off 15 straight points to open a 102-91 lead with 4 1/2 minutes remaining.Harden blamed himself when asked what changed offensively.Me, myself. I was terrible, terrible, Harden said. Just too much indecision, which is rare for me.The Rockets responded with a 12-4 spurt, capped by Hardens 3-pointer with Duncan in his chest that pulled Houston to 106-103 with 52.1 seconds remaining. After Green missed a 3-pointer, Harden dribbled the ball out off bounds for his ninth and final turnover. Yeezy 700 Online. Green made four straight free throws in the final minute, helping San Antonio avoid going into overtime for the fourth time in its last six home games.With Tony Parker and Kawhi Leonard still out, the Spurs needed a boost and Mills provided it.I was excited, it felt a lot longer than it actually was, Mills said of his absence. Knowing I was getting the chance to play again was great. I had a great sleep last night and great game-day nap.Mills received a loud ovation upon entering the game with 3:28 remaining in the first quarter. Normally never shy about shooting, Mills did not attempt his first shot until nearly 2 minutes into his season debut.TIP-INSRockets: Donatas Motiejunas has three of his four career 20-point games in the teams last 14 games, including a career-high 25 against Denver on Dec. 13. ... Houston is 11-3 on the road this season.Spurs: San Antonios roster has missed a combined 94 games this season, with Mills (30), Tiago Splitter (20) and Parker (10) having sat out the most. ... The Spurs used their 20th different starting lineup this season. Duncan has been apart of all but four of those lineups. ... Mills committed consecutive turnovers late in the first half, leading Popovich to place an index finger to each temple as he screamed at the guard to play smarter.UP NEXTRockets: host Washington on Monday.Spurs: visit Memphis on Tuesday.APPROACHING MILESTONEDuncan had 16 points and eight rebounds in 31 minutes. His next double-double will tie Hall of Famer Karl Malone for fifth on the all-time list at 814. Wilt Chamberlain (968), Moses Malone (894), Elvin Hayes (890) and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (885) are top four.SLIGHTLY UPSETHouston guard Patrick Beverly was issued a technical and had to be restrained after going face-to-face with official Scott Twardowski over a non-call with 9:41 left in the third. Beverly charged at the official after lying on the floor and holding his side in pain for about five seconds after being hit on a screen. Minutes later, Beverly was arguing with someone on the Spurs bench prior to an inbounds. Beverly also had to be restrained after approaching the officials after the game. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ylq
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.