RENTON, Wash. [url=https://www.cheapblues.com/914z-john-davidson-jersey-blues.html]Joh n Davidson Jersey[/url] . -- There is sti

in Share With Other Members Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:53 am
by jokergreen0220 • 480 Posts

RENTON, Wash. John Davidson Jersey . -- There is still no definitive date for when wide receiver Percy Harvin will make his Seattle Seahawks debut. And just as much of an unknown is what Harvins role will be when hes finally given the OK to get back in a game for the first time in a calendar year. The analysis of how Harvin would fit with the Seahawks first started when he was acquired in a trade with Minnesota in March, then was put on hold when Harvin underwent hip surgery to repair an injured labrum in early August. Its all restarted this week as Harvin returned to practice for the Seahawks, ahead of the initial timeline that was presented for his recovery. Coach Pete Carroll reiterated Thursday that Harvins return remains a day-to-day evaluation and made no promises about whether his debut would come on Monday night at St. Louis or is still a couple of weeks away. Harvin was not listed on the Seahawks injury report Thursday since he is not on the active roster. "Its a day-to-day, almost a drill-to-drill kind of situation to see if were managing him properly, to bring him back. It would be great to see him play this weekend, but thats not part of what were counting," Carroll said Thursday. When he does return, Harvin will join an offence that will always be based around the run first and spreads the ball to its various pass catchers. Headed into Mondays game -- which will mark the midway point of the season for Seattle -- no receiver has more than Golden Tates 27 catches and six players have at least 10 receptions. The Seahawks leader in touchdown catches is Zach Miller, with three, while Jermaine Kearse is the only other player with more than one TD catch with two of his eight receptions going for touchdowns. How will Harvin fit in? He thinks itll be very similar to his first couple of seasons with Minnesota, when he was working under current Seattle offensive co-ordinator Darrell Bevell. "It should be a lot similar especially dating back to my first two years when coach Bevell was my offensive co-ordinator with the Vikings," Harvin said. "I expect it to be a lot similar. I dont expect pretty much anything to change." Sidney Rice was Harvins teammate during those two seasons with the Vikings, before signing with the Seahawks before the 2011 season. The best season of Rices career was 2009, when he caught 83 passes for 1,312 yards and eight touchdowns and often found himself with single coverage because Harvin was on the field. "Put a package in and let him make plays; that was his role," Rice said. "He mostly played in the slot but he did play on the outside quite a bit depending on what packages we had in for him. Im sure eventually once he gets healthy well start seeing the all-around Percy Harvin, lining up on the outside, on the inside, running back, who knows whats going to come of that." While Harvin is known for his blazing speed, for much of his career it hasnt been used to try to beat defences deep downfield. Harvin has caught 280 passes in his career and 210 of those receptions have come either behind the line of scrimmage or within the first 10 yards of the snap, according to STATS Inc. Whats made Harvin so successful is his ability to turn those short catches into big plays. For his career, Harvin is averaging nearly 7 yards after catch, meaning the many quick screens that were thrown his way with the Vikings were turned into meaningful gains. Last season, before being injured against Seattle in Week 9, Harvin was averaging 8.9 yards after catch. That was the best in the NFL for any wide receiver with more than 10 receptions. "Hes a gifted athlete," Bevell said. "Hes got great quickness, he can make guys miss. Hes got great toughness. He runs like Marshawn (Lynch) once he has the ball. He can run through people, he can run around people. He can make people miss. All those things together help him make those big plays." Doug Wickenheiser Jersey . The Redblacks are taking on the Edmonton Eskimos in their second regular season game Friday night. Catch the game live on TSN as the back end of a doubleheader starting at 10pm et/7pm pt. Jorgen Pettersson Jersey .J. -- Travis Zajac of the New Jersey Devils took a lot of grief considering his scored the first of his career-best three goals just 12 seconds into a crucial game against the Florida Panthers. https://www.cheapblues.com/174z-barclay-plager-jersey-blues.html .Y. -- First, Patrick Kane gave his family and friends something to cheer about by scoring a highlight-reel goal in a rare trip home to Buffalo on Sunday night.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Billy Butler and the surging Kansas City Royals wrecked things for the Cleveland Indians for the second straight night. Butler homered for the second consecutive game and the Royals overcame a five-run deficit to beat the Indians 7-5 on Saturday night for their fifth straight win. A day after his pinch-hit, two-run homer in the eighth inning beat Cleveland, Butler connected for a tiebreaking shot in the fifth inning. It was 5-5 when he tagged Nick Hagadone for a 433-foot drive over the Royals bullpen in left field, 11 feet further than Fridays shot. "Ive never been a guy thats usually gotten distance," Butler said. "I caught the last two pretty good. Maybe Im starting to figure it out and starting to put the barrel on it. "I got a good pitch and got a good result. Im just going to keep building off that." The pitch was a mistake by Hagadone. "It was supposed to be down and away," Hagadone said. "It was an 0-1 fastball that was down and in the middle. He hit it pretty good. He put a good swing on it. Once he hit it I knew it was gone." Carlos Santana hit his third homer in two games for Cleveland, which has lost six of seven. Jeremy Guthrie (6-9) won despite giving up five runs, 10 hits and two walks in 5 2-3 innings. "I didnt feel as bad as the results were in the second inning," Guthrie said. "I just couldnt make a big pitch to get anybody out. They started banging around a little when I got a little tired. I really just felt frustrated. I understood the bullpen needed a rest today. "I wasnt certainly going to accomplish that goal as much as I wanted to after the second inning. At that point, I wanted to get as many quick outs as possible." Greg Holland, the fourth Kansas City reliever, got his 27th save in 29 chances. Zach McAllister (3-6) couldnt hold a 5-0 lead. HHe gave up a single to Salvador Perez to start the fifth and was replaced by Hagadone. Alexander Steen Jersey. . Guthrie had lost his previous three starts. He has an 8.44 ERA in three starts this season against the Indians. The Indians scored five times in the second. Santana led off with a home run, and Jason Kipnis broke an 0-for-11 rut with a two-run double. "Jeremy had a hard time stopping the bleeding in the second," Royals manager Ned Yost said. "But he doesnt let much bother him. Hes very calm and very composed." Santana is 12 for 25 with six RBIs in his last six games. "Right now I see the ball very well," Santana said. "I feel comfortable. Im not thinking too much. Im enjoying my time and enjoying my game." McAllister, just brought up from Triple-A Columbus after going 5-0 with a 2.23 ERA, faced 22 batters and 10 reached base. After starting the season 3-0, he is 0-6 in nine starts. "When they scored those runs I just kind of fell behind," McAllister said. "I wasnt able to mix when I needed to, and they were able to put the ball in play." Omar Infante had an RBI grounder in the third, and the Royals tied it with four more in fourth. Nori Aoki hit a two-run triple with two outs and scored on a passed ball to tie it. NOTES: 3B Lonnie Chisenhall was scratched from the Indians lineup because of an illness. ... Indians SS Asdrubal Cabrera hasnt played since Monday because of back spasms. ... Aoki batted first for the Royals after hitting in the bottom third of the order for seven games since being activated July 11 from the disabled list. He opened the season batting leadoff. ... The Indians optioned RHP Josh Tomlin, who was 5-7 with a 4.47 ERA, to Triple-A Columbus. ... Royals LHP Bruce Chen will make his seventh start Sunday and his third since coming off the disabled list on June 24. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: karthikrajan
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.