make it tough on him a little bit. "Al is probably the tou

in Share With Other Members Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:47 am
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

WASHINGTON -- Ian Desmond had to wait nearly four minutes on third base Wednesday night while his potential go-ahead home run was reviewed. Balenciaga Speed Trainer Discount . "I was just wondering what I was going to do if they messed it up," he said, "and luckily they didnt." After the replay review, Desmonds solo homer provided the go-ahead run as the Washington Nationals rallied from a three-run deficit for 4-3 win over the Colorado Rockies, sweeping the three-game series. Right-hander Matt Belisle (2-4) came on to face Desmond with one out in the seventh. Desmonds hit appeared to bounce off the top of the wall in right centre, then off the railing in front of the first row and onto the field. "The way it bounced back hard like that I kind of assumed it was over, and the way that (centre fielder Drew) Stubbs kind of just didnt go after it made it a little bit easier," he said. "But at that point I was like Im going to get a triple, so yes I thought it was gone, but I wasnt 100 per cent sure." After a review that took 3:42, Desmond had his 15th homer. Jayson Werth also homered for Washington, which has won a season-high five straight. Washingtons Doug Fister (7-2) was hit hard early and allowed three runs on seven hits over seven innings. "Constant battle all night," he said. "Biggest thing was making sure the ball got down in the zone." Tyler Clippard handled the eighth and Rafael Soriano pitched the ninth for his 20th. Michael McKenry hit a three-run homer for Colorado, which has lost 14 of 16 and finished its road trip 1-6. Rockies rookie left-hander Tyler Matzek went 6 1-3 innings, allowing three runs on six hits in his fifth start. He threw 95 pitches, striking out six and walking one. Matzek struck out the final three batters he faced -- the last one being left-handed Bryce Harper - before manager Walt Weiss brought in Belisle to face the right-handed Desmond. "I think (Matzek) got stronger as the game went on, but he was in uncharted territory," Weiss said. "Hes a young guy that probably hasnt thrown more than 90, 95 pitches in the game." The Rockies took 3-0 lead in the second. Troy Tulowitzki and Corey Dickerson opened with singles. After Ryan Wheeler flied out, McKenry connected with Fisters second pitch for his first home run of the season. Colorado hit the ball hard off Fister, who finished with five strikeouts and no walks while improving to 5-0 this season at Nationals Park. He also got help from his defence, with Harper and Denard Span running down several balls in the outfield and Ryan Zimmerman making a diving stop in the seventh. "There was a lot of strong contact tonight but guys made some great plays," Fister said. Washington tied it in the fourth. After Anthony Rendon singled and stole second, Matzek fell behind Werth 3-1. He left a fastball up and Werth sent it just over the centre field fence for his seventh homer. "Had a base open, 3-1 to a big hitter, that was a stupid pitch," Matzek said. Harper followed with a bloop double to short left, went to third on a wild pitch, and scored on Desmonds single. "I dont think we ever think were out of it," Williams said. "We think that we have a chance at any time, especially three down." With the exception of Jose Lobaton spelling catcher Wilson Ramos, Williams used the same lineup for the third straight game since Harper returned, with Harper in left, Ryan at third and Rendon at second. Colorado turned a highlight-reel double-play in the first. With no outs, second baseman DJ LeMahieu made a sliding stop of Rendons grounder behind second base and flipped it with his glove hand to shortstop Tulowitzki at second. Tulowitzki barehanded the toss facing centre field, spun around and fired to first in time to get Rendon. NOTES: The Rockies acquired RH Jair Jurrjens from the Reds for minor league first baseman Harold Riggins. Jurrjens, who was pitching at Triple-A Louisville, has a 53-37 record with a 3.63 ERA in seven major league seasons. ... An MRI on RH Jhoulys Chacins shoulder did not indicate a quick return from the DL. "It looks like he has some (rotator) cuff inflammation and we need to sit down with the medical staff and figure out a plan of attack," manager Walt Weiss said. ... Williams said Harper, who has hit sixth since returning from the DL on Monday, will eventually move up. "Does he hit two for us, three for us, does he hit four? Yes. Maybe not today, but he will." ... The Nationals are off Thursday, while Colorado hosts the Dodgers with LH Franklin Morales (4-4, 5.75) opposing RH Zack Greinke (10-4, 2.78). Balenciaga Sandals Cheap . on the 15-day disabled Monday list because of a strained right hamstring. Balenciaga Shoes For Sale . Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks were proof of that on Wednesday night. http://www.balenciagacheapshoes.com/balenciaga-triple-s-sale/triple-s-black-discount.html . -- Clayton Kershaw and Hyun-Jin Ryu will be the Dodgers starting pitchers in their two-game season-opening series in Australia against the Arizona Diamondbacks. MEMPHIS, Tenn. -- The Memphis Grizzlies turned up their offence in the second half, and the Charlotte Bobcats were too tired to keep pace. Mike Conley scored 20 points, Zach Randolph added 16 and the Grizzlies beat the Bobcats 111-89 on Saturday night. "From a team standpoint, I think we played well," said reserve centre Kosta Koufos, who had 11 of his 12 points in the fourth quarter and grabbed 10 boards. "We all executed on the offensive end. Defensively, (the bigs) were up on the screens, and our guards did a heck of a job in the passing lanes." Marc Gasol added 14 points and nine rebounds as the Grizzlies won a season-best sixth straight home game. Al Jefferson scored 17 for Charlotte, shooting just 7 of 17 from the field. Chris Douglas-Roberts finished with 15 points, his fourth straight game in double figures, but Kemba Walker had just 11 -- all in the first half -- on 3-of-13 shooting. Charlotte shot 40 per cent for the game. The Bobcats were playing their fifth game in seven days against some of the NBAs best teams, including Miami, Oklahoma City and Indiana. The fatigue showed through much of the game, but really emerged in the second half. "We lacked the energy that we needed," Charlotte coach Steve Clifford said. "The second thing would be the physicality to play them. They have bruising in there, and if you arent ready to fight in the paint, youre going to be in trouble." Memphis, which has won four of its last five, dominated the interior, outscoring Charlotte 60-46 in the paint and winning the rebound battle 51-40. "We just played a great team that had a great game plan for us," Jefferson said. "I think we kind of got away from what we do. A little fatigue played into it, too." Memphis broke the game open after halftime, outscoring Charlotte 59-45 in the final two quarters. Charlotte is a top-five defensive team, entering the game allowing 97.2 points per game. Thhe Bobcats had held opponents under 100 points in 40 of the first 62 games. Balenciaga Triple S Discount. Memphis outscored Charlotte 27-17 in the third quarter as the Grizzlies connected on 11 of 21 shots. Meanwhile, Charlottes shooting struggles continued as the Bobcats hit only 8 of 25 in the period. Memphis took a 79-61 lead at the end of the third and extended it to as many as 26 as Koufos consistently got to the rim early in the fourth. Both teams then sent in the reserves to finish it out. "I thought (it) was a really good, professional win," Memphis coach Dave Joerger said. "I thought our guys were focused and ready to play. "I thought we played pretty well in the first half, and even better in the second half." Memphis carried a 52-44 lead into halftime behind 11 points from Conley and 10 from Randolph. Memphis controlled Jefferson, who entered the game averaging 31-plus points in his last four games. He had eight points at the break on 3-of-9 shooting. Gasol just kind of shook his head when asked about stopping Jefferson, who was 2 of 13 for only six points when Charlotte won the first meeting 92-89 on Feb. 22. "He has so many weapons, its not about what you can do," Gasol said. "You can make it tough on him a little bit. "Al is probably the toughest guy (to guard) because he has so many counters and different things he can do. Plus they run about 68 plays a game for him." NOTES: Memphis entered the game having a different leading scorer in the last seven games. The streak ended with Conley scoring 20. Earlier this season, the Grizzlies went eight straight with a different high scorer. ... Jeffersons 17 points ended his string of four straight games scoring at least 25. ... Charlotte had lost the last three games in Memphis by a combined 74 points. ... Memphis reserve G/F Mike Miller left the floor in the second quarter after twisting his ankle, but returned in the second half. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3253 topics and 3260 posts.