ear Woods, known for unyield

in Share With Other Members Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:21 pm
by sakura698 • 1.170 Posts

FRANKFURT, Germany -- World Cup winner Joachim Loew will remain the Germany coach through the 2016 European Championship in France. Seattle Supersonics Shirts . There was speculation Loew might step down after Germany lifted its fourth World Cup title with a 1-0 victory over Argentina in the final in Rio de Janeiro 10 days ago, although Loews contract was extended well before the tournament. "At the moment, I can imagine nothing more beautiful than to continue working with this team, to guide it to the European Championship in France, to develop the team and the individual players further," Loew said in an interview published on Wednesday on the German Football Federation (DFB) website. "I am as motivated as I was on the first day with DFB. We celebrated a gigantic success in Brazil but there are other goals that we want to achieve. The World Cup 2014 was a highlight for all, but it was not a conclusion." Loew said he needed some time to come to terms with his emotions after the World Cup but had not thought "even for a second" about stepping down. Loew has been with the DFB since 2004, and head coach since 2006, but had never won a title until the triumph in Brazil. Germany and Argentina have a rematch in a friendly in Duesseldorf on Sept. 3, before Germany kicks off qualifying for Euro 2016 against Scotland four days later. Before then, the 54-year-old Loew will have to find an assistant coach and a new captain. Hansi Flick, his assistant throughout his tenure, is to be the technical director at DFB. Philipp Lahm, captain since 2010, surprisingly ended his Germany career as soon as the team returned home. Lahm informed him about his decision to retire from internationals on the morning after the final, Loew said, calling it a great loss for the team. "I could not have wished for a better captain, he did an outstanding job influencing, leading and presenting the team," Loew said. "I regret that he will not return but I accept and respect his decision." Michael Cage Jersey . Patty Mills had 20 points, Tim Duncan had 11 points and 13 rebounds in limited action, and San Antonio rolled to a 110-82 victory over Milwaukee that kept the Bucks winless in the new year. Seattle Supersonics Pro Shop .com) - Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies withstood 18 Dallas 3-pointers, as Memphis took control in the third quarter and fended off a Mavericks rally en route to a 114-105 win in a Southwest Division showdown. https://www.supersonicsjerseys.com/240s-dale-ellis-jersey-supersonics.html . A top pitching prospect, one who the ball club is pinning some of its future hopes, takes the spot of a veteran who once was viewed as a future ace but who, to this point, hasnt realized his potential and may never. BETHESDA, Md. -- Tiger Woods still doesnt know when hell return. For a while, he didnt know whether he would return at all. Woods said Monday his back injury became so debilitating this year it caused him to doubt his ability to play golf again. "Forget about playing golf at the highest level. I couldnt get out of bed," Woods said. "I was certainly doubtful at that point. Whats it going to feel like? Am I going to be pain free? Am I going to be able to actually do this again, where I can to get out of bed, and go out there and play with my kids and play golf? All those things were up in the air." Woods said the doubt was erased after microdiscectomy surgery March 31. He said the procedure, which relieved pain from a pinched nerve, provided immediate relief, although he said theres still "no timetable" for his return to golf -- or even for taking a full swing. As of now, he remains limited to chipping and putting. "Its not going not be up to me whether I play or not, its going to be up to my docs," Woods said. "Obviously, I want to play now." Speaking at Congressional Country Club in his role as host of next months Quicken Loans National, Woods even joked that he wished he could join reporters on the course for their media day rounds -- "even though I dont like to play with you guys.&quoot; But he offered no hint that he might be anything more than an onlooker for the Quicken Loans tournament on June 26-29 -- or at the U. Cheap Supersonics Jerseys. S. Open at Pinehurst two weeks earlier. Hes already missed the Masters for the first time. To hear Woods, known for unyielding resolve, give voice to doubts is certainly unusual. But this injury is different from those he has endured before. He said rehab has been tedious and its a challenge simply not to join in when his children want to play sports. "Ill tell you what," he said, "I am damn good at video games." When Woods does return, hell resume his pursuit of Jack Nicklaus record of 18 major victories. Woods, 38, sounded as if the surgery has given him a new lease to keep playing for a good while. "I would like to, as all athletes, go out on my own terms," Woods said. "And ultimately I want to continue playing at an elite level as long as I deem I want to do it. For some guys its in their 60s and 70s, and other guys its in their 40s and 50s. "But prior to the surgery, I didnt think I would have much of a playing career if I felt like this. ... Now that Ive had the procedure, Im excited about what the prospects hold, and if Im able to feel this way, Im excited about my career. Im able to do what I want to do for as long as I want to." ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3254 topics and 3261 posts.