"Canada was very good

in Share With Other Members Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:51 am
by jokergreen0220 • 480 Posts

SYDNEY - Luke Rockhold advanced his claims for a shot at the middleweight championship by beating Englands Michael Bisping by submission in their fight at UFC Sydney on Saturday. Cheapest Air Max 90 Store .Rockhold brought Bisping to the canvas early in the second round and followed up with a guillotine hold before the Englishman tapped out at 57 seconds into the second round.I caught him real clean, that was full shin at the thickest part right on top of the head, said Rockhold at the post-fight press conference wearing a sharp checked suit and sunglasses. It was definitely an exciting moment and I go for the kill like always.It was No.5 ranked Rockholds (13-2) 12th victory in his past 13 fights and improved the Americans claims on a shot at the winner of the middleweight championship title fight between Chris Weidman and Vitor Belfort next year.I dont care, Ill fight whoever, said the American on his next likely opponent. Whether its Jacare (Souza), (Lyoto) Machida has a fight coming up to. Weve separated ourselves as the number one contenders and Id be glad to prove myself again against one of them.For 35-year-old Bisping (26-7) his fourth loss in his past seven bouts is likely to end his chance of earning a shot at the divisional title but not end his career.The better man won tonight, and congratulations to him said Bisping. I still love what I do, still love this. Im a fighter, I was born a fighter and I always will be a fighter.While theres a pulse and a beat in my heart Ill still fight.It may have been the first meeting between the two high-profile middleweights but the much-hyped animosity stemming from a 2012 sparring session made its way into the bout as both fighters clashed heads in the first round, requiring the cage side doctor to treat a cut above Bispings left eye.He beat me fair and square, but the headbutt when it came in, I cant really remember anything after the headbutt to be honest, but thats the way it goes said the Englishman.Bisping of Manchester, England, was a clear crowd favourite, but appeared hampered by nerves in early exchanges with Rockhold, who found his rhythm early and repeatedly kicked at Bispings body.Rockhold of Santa Cruz, California, had finished his previous two opponents, Tim Boetsch and Costa Philippou, in the first round and it didnt take him much longer to get the better of the No.9 ranked Bisping.Early in the second round, a Rockhold strike brought Bisping to the canvas and Rockhold pounced, landing several punches to Bispings head, before performing a guillotine-choke hold which clinched a victory he said was one of the most important of his UFC career.Its definitely up there, said Rockhold. Its a big proving ground for me against an elite guy like Michael and to perform the way I did says a lot.In other main card fights, Soa Palelei beat Floridas Walt Harris by technical knockout in the second round in the heavyweight division, and Australias Robert Whittaker survived a back-and-forth brawl to beat Clint Hester of Atlanta, Georgia, by TKO in the middleweight division.Al Iaquinta of Wantagh, New York, produced a stunning combination of punches to beat Ross Pearson by TKO at 1:41 into the second round for his fifth win in his past six fights in the lightweight division.In a preliminary bout, the oldest fighter on the card, 42-year-old Anthony Perosh won by submission against Guto Inocente at 2:38 in the first round of their light heavyweight bout to the delight of the Sydney fighters home town support. Cheapest Yeezy 350 V3 . The 29-year-old German, the 2011 overall World Cup champion, says she has decided "to end my career now. Air Max 97 Store . Then he got back at the team that released him five days before the start of last season, hitting a tiebreaking double in the ninth inning of the first game at Fenway Park since Boston won the World Series last October. http://www.cheapestairmaxstore.com/fake-air-max-tn-cheap.html . Ramon, 30, played in a career-high 97 games with the Goldeyes in 2013. He also matched a career-high eight home runs and posted 52 RBI.PITTSBURGH -- Coach Dan Bylsma knows that the disappointing finish of the U.S. Olympic mens hockey team in Sochi will linger. But now he has shifted his focus back to the Pittsburgh Penguins and looks to get his first-place team to make a deep run in the Stanley Cup playoffs. "I dont think you get rid of the disappointment," Bylsma said Tuesday. "But you have to put it behind you. The task at hand is coming back here and playing for the Pittsburgh Penguins, and I think thats the best way to put it behind you." The U.S. nearly knocked off Team Canada in Vancouver in 2010, falling just short of a gold medal and instead settled for silver. The Americans wanted to win an elusive Olympic hockey gold for the first time since the "Miracle on Ice," in 1980, and U.S. executives felt Bylsmas team had the right blend of skill, speed, and grit to get the job done. The U.S. offence got off to a strong start through the first four games of the tournament, outscoring the opposition 20-6. Included was the exhilarating, 3-2, eight-round shootout victory against the host Russians, one of the most memorable games of the tournament. "The Russian game was as unique of a game as Ive ever coached," Bylsma said. "The stage in terms of the tournament doesnt mean a whole lot because everyones going to play a fourth game, but trying to compare it to a Stanley Cup or a Game 7 was completely different. It had a different feel." The U.S. cruised past the Czech Republic in the quarterfinals, setting up a semifinal showdown with Canada. "Its a game we all wanted," Bylsma said. "Maybe the biggest disappointment is that it wasnt the gold medal game." Regardless, the U.S. had to get through Canada to win gold, and for the second straight time in Olympic competition, the Canadians topped the U.S. Canada, which went on to win its second straight gold medal, blanked the Americans in a suffocating 1-0 effort that wasnt as close as the final score. Bylsma was criticized after the loss, some drawing comparisons to the Boston Bruins foour-game sweep of a punchless Penguins team, which had trouble scoring during the 2013 Eastern Conference finals. Cheap Air Max Shoes With Free Shipping. "You can draw the comparisons, but I dont know if theyre valid or applicable," Bylsma said. "The one thing we would like to go back to in that game was playing faster and playing quicker, allowing us to be on the forecheck in a better manner." Penguins GM Ray Shero, also the associate general manager for Team USA, credited Team Canada. "That might be the greatest Olympic hockey team ever," Shero said. "You can look at how we wanted to play, but sometimes the opponent doesnt let you get to your game." The Canadians, who never trailed in the tournament, flexed their defensive muscle, allowing just three goals in six games to become the first team in 30 years to go unbeaten through an Olympic tournament. "Canada was very good," Shero said. "We came in with high expectations and theres nothing wrong with setting a high goal." Both wanted to see a different outcome after a humiliating 5-0 defeat the following day against Finland in the bronze medal game. "The bronze medal game was a tough one for us to rebound and get to," Bylsma said. "Thats the biggest disappointment of the tournament." But now the attention shifts back to Bylsmas Penguins where Olympians Sidney Crosby and Chris Kunitz are back with gold medals from Team Canada, while Jussi Jokinen and Olli Maatta earned bronze with Finland. Bylsma returned empty-handed along with U.S. Olympians Brooks Orpik and Paul Martin, who broke his hand in the quarterfinal round and is out four to six weeks. Russian star Evgeni Malkin is also without a medal, motivation that Bylsma hopes will further fuel a deep playoff run for the Metropolitan Division-leading Penguins. The Penguins return to action when they host Montreal on Thursday. "We have 24 games to get back and focus on this team being the best it can be, getting to the Stanley Cup and winning it," Bylsma said. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Senorita
Board Statistics
The forum has 3252 topics and 3259 posts.