now and when I get back I focus

in Share With Other Members Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:49 pm
by jokergreen0220 • 480 Posts

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- Defending champion Stephen Gallacher had seven birdies and an eagle on the back nine Saturday to surge past Rory McIlroy and take a two-shot lead into the final round of the Dubai Desert Classic. Fake Hurricanes Jerseys . Gallacher equaled the European Tour record for the lowest nine-hole score with an inward 28 for a 9-under 63. That gave him a 16-under total of 200, with McIlroy in second after 69. Tiger Woods was 11 shots back after a 70. "This is the best back nine Ive had in my career by far," said Gallacher, who started the day four shots behind McIlroy. "So to get myself back into contention when I needed to, and given the stature of this tournament, it feels good." Gallacher started with seven straight pars before a bogey on the eighth. But he birdied the next four holes before an eagle on the par-5 13th, where he hit a 7-iron to within three inches with his second shot. After another par on the next hole, he finished with four straight birdies. "I struggled at the start and played the first four holes a bit ropey," the Scot said. "But I then hit a beautiful drive and 7-iron (at the ninth) to about 3 foot, and from then on I never missed a shot." The Desert Classic is celebrating its 25th anniversary, and Gallacher now has a chance to become the first person to win back-to-back titles at the event. McIlroy earned his first European Tour victory here in 2009 and is still very much in the hunt despite battling food poisoning during the second round on Friday. McIlroy, who had his lowest score in three years with a 63 in the opening round, mixed three birdies and an eagle with two bogeys on Saturday. "My stomach is better today, still not 100 per cent but its better than it was yesterday," McIlroy said. "I feel like I can catch him (Gallacher) up tomorrow. I dont really want to focus on what hes doing -- try to focus on my own thing." Woods, who won here in 2006 and 2008, failed to get back in contention after a disappointing day on the greens. The top-ranked American had two bogeys and four birdies but missed a number of opportunities to pull closer. "I only hit a couple of bad shots, (but) missed a ton of putts," said Woods, who was in a tie for 37th. "Really hit it good but just threw away a lot of shots." Thorbjoern Olesen of Denmark shot a 65 to sit tied for third with Brooks Koepka of the United States, another two shots behind Gallacher. Race to Dubai winner Henrik Stenson fell out of contention with a 75 that included two double bogeys and left him 12 shots back. Hurricanes Jerseys China . - Alex Dostie scored two goals and assisted on another to lead the Gatineau Olympiques to a 5-3 victory over the Drummondville Voltigeurs in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action on Sunday. Custom Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys . You can watch coverage on TSN, TSN2 and CTV beginning today at 3pm et/Noon pt. The championships will feature approximately 250 of Canadas best figure skaters in senior, junior and novice as they vie for spots on the national team, international assignments and will act as the final step in the 2014 Olympic qualification process. https://www.cheaphurricanes.com/ . - San Diego Padres centre fielder Cameron Maybin is going to be out two to three months after rupturing his left biceps tendon during a game against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Sunday.SOFIA, Bulgaria -- Nam Nguyen of Canada struck gold in mens singles at the ISU world junior figure championships. The 15-year-old from Toronto landed two triple Axels to score 144.19 points for his clean long program -- a seasons best by almost eight points. "That was the best free skate I have ever had," Nguyen said. "It was the first time Ive ever done two triple Axels in one program and I hope to continue to do that." Nguyen led after the short program, and then skating to Bachs "Air on a G String" and Fantasia and Fugue" in the free program, Nguyen produced a triple Axel-double toe, then his second triple Axel, before reeling off six more triple jumps. "I took it as a new day. I didnt really think about what had happened in (Thursdays short program). I just told myself to take one element at a time," Nguyen said. "Just before I went into my starting position I told myself just to have fun. This was my third junior worlds so I really didnt have anything to lose. I enjoyed it very much." The Canadian scored 217.06 points overall. Russias Adian Pitkeev surged from seventh after the short program to claim the silver with 212.51 points. American Nathan Chen rose from sixth after the short to capture the bronze (212.03). Nguyen is coached by Canadas two-time Olympic siilver medallist Brian Orser, who also works with Olympic champion Yuzuru Hanyu of Japan. Hurricanes Jerseys 2021. "This was a good event with good skating, and Nam really skated for it to win this championship," Orser said. Nguyen wont get much of a breather after his gold-medal performance as hes a member of Canadas squad for the world senior championships that begin March 24 in Tokyo. "I have to get back to training on Tuesday and I leave for worlds on Saturday, so I just have to enjoy the moment as much as possible now and when I get back I focus only on the senior world championships," Nguyen said. When Nguyen was assigned to the senior world team, Orser cautioned his young skater "not to get ahead of himself." "I said we have to get through junior worlds and do a great job there, and then we would shift gears after that for worlds. He was really able to do that and I was proud of him for that," Orser said. "He is really on such a great emotional high to carry him through, so he is just going to ride this wave. He has had a really busy season with 12 or 13 competitions, and he has just gotten better and better at each one." Canadas three-time defending world champion Patrick Chan, who won silver at the Olympics last month, wont compete at the world championships. ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: ylq
Board Statistics
The forum has 3246 topics and 3247 posts.